InvenSense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InvenSense (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

2-3 thorough full day interviews. Right from team leader to sr vp interviewed in about 2 hr sessions each. Overall nice experience. The HR person was also very nice and followed up in a nice way

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at InvenSense (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Application: Applied on one of the top job portals. Was contacted withing a week. My first impression was that the recruiters look for good local candidates.
    Process:
    Was called on site for First round with the hiring manager. This was a basic get-to-know-you round with one technical question on bit manipulation. The rest of the questions were on my resume. He let me know that I will be called for the next round and the recruiter will be in touch with me.
    I was called for the next round after 2 weeks.
    Second round was 4 interviews. They were all 45 minute interviews with senior level members in the team. Two were mostly coding(C/C++), puzzles and questions on my resume. The other two questioned me on basic theories of physics, MEMS and a bit of coding.

Interview Questions

• How to find the number of leading zeros in a byte.   1 Answer
    • Find if a linked list is circular or not   2 Answers
    • If you're told to write an application to communicate with a Voltmeter, what are the different objects you would require to do this?   1 Answer
    • You're given (lets say) a play station controller, how will you use the arrow keys to navigate through alphabets to write a player name. Find the most efficient route to navigate from one alphabet to another in the given grid.   2 Answers
    • Basics about Coriolis effect, MEMS gyroscopes, accelerometers, resonators.
      Some questions like, Given a graph of voltage varying with temperature, how will you find out at what temperature was the voltage a particular value? If the slope was monotonically increasing, how will you find out the temperature?   1 Answer

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InvenSense (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First round interview was with Department Director lasted about an hour, then was invited to the second interview with 5 interviewers, each lasted 45min. The group interview consisted of members from other departments as well, stressing close collaboration between teams. Had good impression of the interviewers, all were very professional and genuine. Their recruiting team was very responsive and helpful even after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mainly focused on past experiences and how can be related to the position being interviewed for. There were also a few (I'd say <10%) general behavioral questions like what kind of team/work environment do you enjoy most.   Answer Question

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InvenSense (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The team was amazing. I was interviewed by about 4 people and they were are well prepared. The team is very flexible, adaptive and technically strong. The process set up by the HR team was very organized and well communicated.

Interview Questions

• How to transmit a low amplitude mV signal from the UUT to the Test station efficiently?   Answer Question

Due to personal reasons

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at InvenSense (San Jose, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied through a referral, HR contacted for availability. Got a technical call from a team member I was supposed to join. Got positive reviews on the same day of interview. HR called to proceed with the offer on the next day.

Interview Questions

• Got few design questions on state machine, counters and STA.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InvenSense (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

After two phone interview I was invited for on-site interview and the whole process took around 2 months. The on-site interview was a full-day interview with a group of 5 engineers and managers. Mostly technical and behavioural questions were asked during the interview.

Senior MEMS Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at InvenSense (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

You need to give a one hour presentation for your own experience or research. After that, you will meet everyone in the same team individually for 45 mins and he / she asks you some general technical problems.

Interview Questions

• Any comment on your own opinions about product and related research experience.   Answer Question

New Product Integration Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InvenSense (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview process was friendly, people were nice and into the point. Started with 2 phone screenings; followed by onsite interview. The onsite interview was a chain of one-to-one interviews. And finally, HR phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Diverse questions about semiconductors, MEMS, software, problem solving   Answer Question

Mixed Signal Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InvenSense (Dallas, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

First is one on one. He asked me to select a project, do the Presentation and some basic follow up questions. Interview is easy if you know the basics. For Second round, director called and asked some basic questions about ldo. How do you convince the systems engineer for the given ldo specifications and it's trade offs. How can you improve your achieved specifications?

Interview Questions

• How to model ldo blocks in verilog AMS?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InvenSense in February 2011.

Interview

They didn't ask too much technical questions but focused more on my knowledge and understanding of their products. The company has ~200 people and branches in other countries. CEO is a very very aggressive person.