Investment Technology Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Investment Technology Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group.

Interview

Lots of skype interviews; had to interview with HR, then a technical round with a few members of the group the position was for, then a few interviews with higher level employees.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Got the interview in OCR and the HR comes in. HR is very nice and kind and ask about the resume. The talk is very happy and right in the pace.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group.

Interview

Lots and lots of hoops to jump through--the entire process took a month and ended up being a complete waste of time!

The first round was a technical phone screen which quizzed me on a mix of relevant and obscure programming constructs (keywords, OO paradigms, threading, garbage collection, etc.).

Next came a timed take-home test, which took a couple of hours. After that, I went on-site and spent 3 hours interviewing with 4 different people. There was a mix of whiteboard coding and behavioral questions, nothing too crazy. At this point, they expressed interest in presenting me an offer, but wait, there's more!

Before I could get an offer from them, I had to have two more rounds of Skype calls with their management, and had to fill out a variety of forms: a reference check (yes, they called them), my complete employment history, and proof of income at my current and previous jobs (yes, seriously!). I felt like a criminal who had to prove his innocence before I could work there.

I'd also like to point out that throughout this entire process, they wanted constant reassurance about how great they are compared to other companies. I had no less than four separate phone conversations with them about this, and every time I gave them my honest perspective. I felt like I was dealing with a needy girlfriend, and honestly, it was a major turnoff about the company.

To top it all off, the day they were going to send me the offer, they called me and told me they changed their minds. What a complete waste of time! I don't think I've ever felt as disrespected by any other company during the interview process

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I has a series of skype interviews with increasing levels of management. All of the questions were behavioral, but they asked me to emphasize my technical background and interest in the role.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college. They scheduled an interview at my college. Was expecting technical questions but all questions were behavioral. Asked a lot of questions on my background and my experiences with transitions as an international student.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience working as a team? Was there any conflict and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter for pre-screen. After that a Technical Screening round.
    Selected for onsite. Got very positive reviews on that. I liked the team as well.

For final steps, the recruiter was super interested in knowing salary expectations. After a lot of declining, I mentioned a Range. That was it. Absolute no contact after that. Took multiple attempts to even get and update on the status.

After two months of silence, my mail was answered with a generic reject.
    Negative Experience. Not at all recommended. This kinda reflects how they treat prospective employees.

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group (Culver City, CA).

Interview

Worked with a recruiter that shared my information with ITG and they expressed interest.

Started with a basic phone screen about my background, which was pretty typical faire. I flew into Los Angeles for interviews with another company and met with ITG for an in-person interview after my other interviews.

Interview Questions

• The in-person interviews were all about software engineering concepts. I was interviews by 4 different engineers, each whose focus was on a different part of their tech stack. Was asked to solve some logic problems and C# code on a whiteboard, as well as a bunch of javascript questions. This interview process was the most difficult one I've experienced as a software engineer.   Answer Question

The salary was competitive, but ultimately I wasn't super interested in the work they were doing, and the company being located in Culver City meant it was very far out of the way from the area I was moving to.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through four stages:
    -HR call: General information gathering call.
    -Technical lead: Was more about projects you have worked on in work and School, some scenario based twists in the projects, One algorithm question, few questions on multi threading.
    - Submit piece of your code work for review.
    -Technical screening: Lot of C# questions, multi threading and OOPs concepts.

Interview Questions

• Various ways by which you can remove duplicates in a string, what if the strings are coming continuously.

C# questions: Thread-pool, synchronization, garbage collection, different keywords in C# like as,is, using etc. how can you detect deadlock in VS, lot of questions on multi threading(double lock, deadlock, threads, processes)

Few scenarios where data is very huge, come up with designs with scalability.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First ask Why choose ITG?
    He went through the resume, asked me what I learned in the college and what language I was willing to use and what team I was interested to join.

QA Automation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

1) First have a phone screening with the manager (non technical, ask about resume and previous employment)
    2) Coding Assignment (sorting data in an text)
    3) On-Site interview with 4 people in 4 sessions (3 technical 1 hr, around 3.5 hours)
    4) Receive the offer 1 week later, manage to negotiate to my desire salary

Interview Questions

• Given a function/class, how would you test it. Array sorting, LinkList C++   Answer Question