Investment Technology Group Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Investment Technology Group Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group.

Interview

Lots and lots of hoops to jump through--the entire process took a month and ended up being a complete waste of time!

The first round was a technical phone screen which quizzed me on a mix of relevant and obscure programming constructs (keywords, OO paradigms, threading, garbage collection, etc.).

Next came a timed take-home test, which took a couple of hours. After that, I went on-site and spent 3 hours interviewing with 4 different people. There was a mix of whiteboard coding and behavioral questions, nothing too crazy. At this point, they expressed interest in presenting me an offer, but wait, there's more!

Before I could get an offer from them, I had to have two more rounds of Skype calls with their management, and had to fill out a variety of forms: a reference check (yes, they called them), my complete employment history, and proof of income at my current and previous jobs (yes, seriously!). I felt like a criminal who had to prove his innocence before I could work there.

I'd also like to point out that throughout this entire process, they wanted constant reassurance about how great they are compared to other companies. I had no less than four separate phone conversations with them about this, and every time I gave them my honest perspective. I felt like I was dealing with a needy girlfriend, and honestly, it was a major turnoff about the company.

To top it all off, the day they were going to send me the offer, they called me and told me they changed their minds. What a complete waste of time! I don't think I've ever felt as disrespected by any other company during the interview process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Investment Technology Group

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college. They scheduled an interview at my college. Was expecting technical questions but all questions were behavioral. Asked a lot of questions on my background and my experiences with transitions as an international student.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience working as a team? Was there any conflict and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter for pre-screen. After that a Technical Screening round.
    Selected for onsite. Got very positive reviews on that. I liked the team as well.

For final steps, the recruiter was super interested in knowing salary expectations. After a lot of declining, I mentioned a Range. That was it. Absolute no contact after that. Took multiple attempts to even get and update on the status.

After two months of silence, my mail was answered with a generic reject.
    Negative Experience. Not at all recommended. This kinda reflects how they treat prospective employees.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First ask Why choose ITG?
    He went through the resume, asked me what I learned in the college and what language I was willing to use and what team I was interested to join.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, had a telephonic interview. Called for face to face and a coding test. Four members in the panel, interview was on basic technical questions,went on for an hour. Later was a coding test, two programs for 75 min. HR took two weeks to respond, with no offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career portal and received an email about a week later. Had an in person interview with two engineers. They were very awkward, the stereotypical engineer. Cracked lame jokes and felt very robotic or rehearsed. They told me about the company, ask me about my technical background and any projects. Easy but awkward interview. The position ended up being canceled so no one received any offers.

Interview Questions

• Given 3 sorted arrays, find a way to combine the three and still have the entire array sorted.   Answer Question
    • Difference between TCP and UDP   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv (Israel)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group (Tel Aviv (Israel)).

Interview

phone interview and background
    1x1 interview and history + technical questions
    Manager interview for personal and some technical knowledge
    HR interview - personally
    job offer

Interview Questions

• Coding test - can prepare for it, need to be an excellent programmer to pass   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and the questions were directly related to the job responsibilities. If you have one or two years of experience with programming in a high level language, you should be able to answer the questions without any problems. The overall interview was comfortable and the interviewer was nice and friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group in June 2010.

Interview

pretty straight forward, resume based

Negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investment Technology Group in October 2008.

Interview

none

Interview Questions

• the number of ways to climb 10 step ladder, with 1 or 2 at a time?   1 Answer