Invitrogen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Invitrogen Interview Questions

2.8

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Contacted after two weeks of submitting my application. A phone interview was scheduled. Many questions about my resume, what I liked about invitrogen, and what my future career plans were.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Invitrogen (Brown Deer, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxing with the HR Manager. The interviewing team asked pertinent questions and knowledgeable about my background. The Hiring Manager was also relaxed and down to earth and put me at ease. He also provided a company tour and the chance to meet fellow colleagues.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that set you apart from the other candidates?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Invitrogen (Gaithersburg, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a whole day interview, very exhausting... The people were really nice, but apparently they were interviewing multiple candidates and they just kept asking me questions without giving me any feedback, so I did not know if my answers convinced them or not. I wish I had got the offer, but it is what it is.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Invitrogen (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

just a few background questions and reason for leaving current job.

Interview Questions

• Fast interview. Few general questions about the position, reason interested in the position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Invitrogen (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Panel interview took nearly all day. Generally, the same question asked, with the interviewers all very friendly and accommodating. The office itself is huge and well built. Work dynamic seems friendly as well. Everyone seemed to keep busy.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Invitrogen (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Contacted about 3 weeks after applying online to position. Interview consisted of preliminary screening phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with hiring manager. In person interview took place about 2 weeks later in a conference room at the Carlsbad location. One on one interviews with about 6-8 people, each lasting 30-45 minutes. Each person who interviewed was assigned a specific area to question about, as typically done in most interviews.

Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Invitrogen (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

0. email correspondence
    1. phone interview
    2. onsite interview--meet with 4 people over 2 hours
    3. job offer

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best person for this job?   1 Answer
    • What do you see yourself doing here in 1-3 years from now?   1 Answer

wanted more pay

Master Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Invitrogen (Frederick, MD) in July 2008.

Interview

The overall experience was neutral. It started with a phone interview. Then I was scheduled for a 1:1 with several individuals. The 1:1 was very disorganized. Then another follow on was scheduled and done remotely. Finally the offer was presented without sufficient detail on benefits or non-monetary compensation, so I made the decision to not accept the offer because the risk seemed greater than what I was willing to accept to make a substantial geographic move.

Interview Questions

Lack of relocation and insufficient salary.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Invitrogen in January 2010.

Interview

easy and effictive

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing negotaiable

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Invitrogen in October 2009.

Interview

Regional manager and his boss interviewed in a hotel bar. They were very difficult.

Interview Questions

• It is very disturbing that you are looking to get your Master's Degree while expecting to work for a sales based position.   Answer Question