Iowa State University Interview Questions in Ames, IA | Glassdoor

2.4

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in April 2017.

Interview

I just had a phone interview. Part 1 of the interview process. If selected to go further I would interview in person next. I applied for the job on the Iowa State University job page and it took almost a month before they contacted me about an interview. I heard this is common though with these educational institutions.

Interview Questions

• What is important to me as a graphic designer when creating a website?   Answer Question

Associate Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

Interview

The first step was a 30 phone interview with the interview team. The finalists were asked to campus for a 4 hour interview that included various groups of people that the incumbent would interact with regularly should they be chosen for the position.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA).

Interview

There was no actual interview. They look at your application and accept or reject you based on that. This means that you merely have to compete against everyone else in the application pool.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know previous teaching experience, which is hard to come by during an undergrad degree.   Answer Question

Engineering Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a personal relationship with my professor, so he approached me to see if I was interested in working for him over the summer. I later had an interview with him and a couple of other professors, mainly to gauge what my interests were and what type of work I might be doing.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was just a small face to face interview. The professor asked few technical questions and asked about my research experience. I had to tell about my research, publications and projects.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions, publications and research experience.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

professor for signal and system class, asked me about the fourier transfer and how can I get the formula. also, some knowledge about matlab. it is a short interview, and me and professor talked very well. because i got A for this class and my gpa is good, so i got the position

Mosquito Surveillance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. This is a University position so there is a wonderful culture of allowing students the opportunity to work and gain experience while rejecting as few people as possible. The interview consisted essentially of a job description, and the hiring manager asking if it would be something you're interested in. It would be helpful to take the mosquito surveillance laboratory.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any entomological experience?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

Had the boss as a professor, was approached and had a casual conversation in order to make sure I was fit for the job. Was taken on during the summer in order to train. Other employees were there also to help the transition.

Interview Questions

• What were my future career goals?
      How many hours was I willing to work?   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in February 2014.

Interview

Two part interview. Each interview with a supervisor and another Resident Advisor. Before they call you to the interview room you meet other CAs and other applicants. They have changed the hiring process now and it is completely different. You work with other applicants to solve a problem and present it to the pannel and then everyone goes around the pannel answering questions.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA).

Interview

Hiring process consisted of an initial phone interview with the VP. Subsequently invited for an onsite interview, which involved key executives from different areas of the organization--started with VP and ended with VP. Invited back for a third group interview with the individuals whom I would be supervising.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were standard fare, plus a lot of questions intended to measure whether there would be a cultural fit--one big happy team vs silos & importance of transparency.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was a little give on my compensation package & did receive a salary within my asking range.