Iowa State University Interview Questions in Ames, IA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.3

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2013.

Interview

Spoke with Prof.
    Expressed interest as a freshman.
    Elaborated need to gain practical lab experience.
    Expressed interest to work in the summer, but wanted to gain semester long experience to prove my competence.

Interview Questions

• Why apply as a freshman instead of waiting to gain more lab experience through classes?   1 Answer

Families Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with a group of 6 people and presented a lesson. I was required to pick a topic pertaining to the job I was interviewing for and present a 10 minute lesson on that topic.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths? How do you work with others different from you?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was not that bad at all. they want to know that you're reliable and punctual. The also want to check/ see if you can handle pressure situations and how you will handle them

Call Center Student Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied on the university job board and was contacted for a 2 tier interview process, once on phone and the other in person.

Interview Questions

• 'What according to you is good customer service?'   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in February 2013.

Interview

I presented my PhD work and there was a brief question and answer session. They knew me already from my work and I had a collaboration with them, I also got a strong recommendation from my PhD supervisor, so I got the offer pretty easily.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in November 2012.

Interview

I sent my cover letter about the postdoc position. And after I got email back from my PI, I had a conference call with my PI. My PI asked me my background and my experiences in detail. After then, my PI introduced what this position was supposed to do in the current project. My PI asked me again about my feeling and how I could do this. So I think I answered quiet well.

Interview Questions

• What is your future plan in US? What if you get a trouble with your team members?   Answer Question

Student Job Board Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a formal interview with the supervisor and two student supervisors following a brief phone screen. The questions were very appropriate to the position. There were some challenging questions, but nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite aspect of being a student at Iowa State?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in October 2012.

Interview

The IT Solution Center, 192 Parks Library, provides direct support for IT Services customers and acts as a single point of contact for problem resolution. Its mission is to help the people of Iowa State University with supported computer software, networking, and service issues.It was good

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2012.

Interview

Submission of current class schedule and resume/cover letter along with current transcript. After submission, I waited about a week to hear back for an interview. An interview date was set up. I went to the interview and was asked questions about my academic experience and then shown around the lab as well as the green house. I was then told there were more prospective interviews. A few days later i got an email saying i got the job!

Interview Questions

• What is your major and why are you interested in this lab   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2012.

Interview

Very friendly atmosphere, Interviewed with two employers, More conversation-like. I sent an email applying for the position through the Iowa State student job board and received a response within the week to schedule an interview. Once I got to the interview, the people in the office were very relaxed and just wanted to know if I would be a good fit with their group.

Interview Questions

• They posed me with a potential situation that could take place in the office. Example: What would you do if someone was coming in looking for a professor?   Answer Question