Iowa State University Interview Questions in Ames, IA | Glassdoor

2.3

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mosquito Surveillance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. This is a University position so there is a wonderful culture of allowing students the opportunity to work and gain experience while rejecting as few people as possible. The interview consisted essentially of a job description, and the hiring manager asking if it would be something you're interested in. It would be helpful to take the mosquito surveillance laboratory.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any entomological experience?   1 Answer

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in February 2014.

Interview

Two part interview. Each interview with a supervisor and another Resident Advisor. Before they call you to the interview room you meet other CAs and other applicants. They have changed the hiring process now and it is completely different. You work with other applicants to solve a problem and present it to the pannel and then everyone goes around the pannel answering questions.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA).

Interview

Hiring process consisted of an initial phone interview with the VP. Subsequently invited for an onsite interview, which involved key executives from different areas of the organization--started with VP and ended with VP. Invited back for a third group interview with the individuals whom I would be supervising.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were standard fare, plus a lot of questions intended to measure whether there would be a cultural fit--one big happy team vs silos & importance of transparency.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was a little give on my compensation package & did receive a salary within my asking range.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2013.

Interview

Spoke with Prof.
    Expressed interest as a freshman.
    Elaborated need to gain practical lab experience.
    Expressed interest to work in the summer, but wanted to gain semester long experience to prove my competence.

Interview Questions

• Why apply as a freshman instead of waiting to gain more lab experience through classes?   1 Answer

Families Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with a group of 6 people and presented a lesson. I was required to pick a topic pertaining to the job I was interviewing for and present a 10 minute lesson on that topic.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths? How do you work with others different from you?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

Interview

interviewed one time, got a call 2 years later that I could have the job if I wanted it. I was certified and needed some pocket money so I took it.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was not that bad at all. they want to know that you're reliable and punctual. The also want to check/ see if you can handle pressure situations and how you will handle them

Call Center Student Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied on the university job board and was contacted for a 2 tier interview process, once on phone and the other in person.

Interview Questions

• 'What according to you is good customer service?'   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in April 2013.

Interview

Is a very involved process with lots of stake holders. Department Chair, Dean, then your peers. The deliberation process was also very long. Do not get frustrated by the wait time, there is a lot of bureaucracy to wade through to be able to offer a job at ISU.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in February 2013.

Interview

I presented my PhD work and there was a brief question and answer session. They knew me already from my work and I had a collaboration with them, I also got a strong recommendation from my PhD supervisor, so I got the offer pretty easily.