Iowa State University Interview Questions in Ames, IA | Glassdoor

2.3

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview after a week. I was interviewed by security director and 2 other senior security analysts. Was an easy interview where they told me what their roles were and what security tools they use. One of the interviewer (senior security analyst) was very unprofessional, he was using his mac to text and seemed uninterested. After I said I only have one more semester left before graduation. It was clear they did not want me. They hurried and wrapped it up after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Can you tell me your experience with Splunk?   Answer Question

Event Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Job is very easy to get. I simply emailed the man in charge stating that I was looking for a job. He emailed me back right away and we set up an interview!

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

The position and its requirements were emailed and then I applied online.I got a telephonic interview in next few days and was asked about my education,skills and background.I got an offer after a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience with MS Excel?
      What is my experience with MS Access?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in April 2017.

Interview

I just had a phone interview. Part 1 of the interview process. If selected to go further I would interview in person next. I applied for the job on the Iowa State University job page and it took almost a month before they contacted me about an interview. I heard this is common though with these educational institutions.

Interview Questions

• What is important to me as a graphic designer when creating a website?   Answer Question

Associate Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

Interview

The first step was a 30 phone interview with the interview team. The finalists were asked to campus for a 4 hour interview that included various groups of people that the incumbent would interact with regularly should they be chosen for the position.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA).

Interview

There was no actual interview. They look at your application and accept or reject you based on that. This means that you merely have to compete against everyone else in the application pool.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know previous teaching experience, which is hard to come by during an undergrad degree.   Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

Group interview and applicants took turns to answer questions. The interviewer was the head of the Academic Success Department, and she was very friendly and made the effort to make sure we were relaxed at the beginning of the interview. The questions were not very difficult, but make sure to center around what you as a potential employee could provide to their department, as opposed to saying what you could gain from working with them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a tutor?   Answer Question
    • Situation questions like how would you deal with a specific kind of students etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a personal relationship with my professor, so he approached me to see if I was interested in working for him over the summer. I later had an interview with him and a couple of other professors, mainly to gauge what my interests were and what type of work I might be doing.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was just a small face to face interview. The professor asked few technical questions and asked about my research experience. I had to tell about my research, publications and projects.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions, publications and research experience.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

professor for signal and system class, asked me about the fourier transfer and how can I get the formula. also, some knowledge about matlab. it is a short interview, and me and professor talked very well. because i got A for this class and my gpa is good, so i got the position