Iowa State University Assistant Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

After submitting application materials, I had a skype interview followed by an on-campus interview that lasted fr 2-2.5 days - it had a job talk, several one-one meetings, and 2-3 meetings with search committee and other groups.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Iowa State University

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviews for faculty positions in most places are simply conversations in addition to giving a talk or two. That is also the case at Iowa State. Many meetings with faculty members. It does not need any preparation as such in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No not realy

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in April 2008.

Interview

Phone interview with a faculty member and then flown in for two days of interviews. The process is pretty standard: meet with faculty both days and give an hour-long seminar to the faculty and graduate students.

Interview Questions

• Faculty interviews are all about making impressions with the current faculty and convincing them you are a good fit for the department. If you have a hot research area, that's a huge plus.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was more about start up package. I essentially got $350,000 to start up my lab.