Iowa State University Lab Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Iowa State University Lab Assistant Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2012.

Interview

Submission of current class schedule and resume/cover letter along with current transcript. After submission, I waited about a week to hear back for an interview. An interview date was set up. I went to the interview and was asked questions about my academic experience and then shown around the lab as well as the green house. I was then told there were more prospective interviews. A few days later i got an email saying i got the job!

Interview Questions

• What is your major and why are you interested in this lab   1 Answer

Structural Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the Lab manager and asked to come into his office at a curtain date to discuss the job. After arriving, I had a short discussion with him about my past experience and how many hours I could work each week. Also, I had to read a short booklet on safety in the lab.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 50 lbs?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked in a job like this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted right away.

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in November 2008.

Interview

Emailed about a job posting on university job search. Asked for resume and any other relevant info. Met for a 1:1 interview explaining the type of research they do, and what I'd be doing. Asked for the hours I was available. Got an e-mail back within a week asking me to come in for my first day. Very casual, dressed in my normal college student attire, everyone in lab was dressed the same.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't feel the need.

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University in October 2008.

Interview

Just sent E-mail for application. Got On-site interview, a few general questions about behavior. This is an part-time job. Just ask my free time and previous experience. Easy to answer. Got offer just after the interview. Very nice to work in ISU!