Iowa State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Iowa State University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.3

Student Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Iowa State University.

Interview

Very informal and to the point. The interview process indicated the job summary, the duties, and the environment and what they would have expected from you. It was very inviting and not intimidating. The people were very nice and to the point. The duties were not negotiated and were not hard on both your body and mind. It was very do-able work.

Head Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

Iowa State University conducted test and then called for people who got more than certain cut off and then 3 people interiewed me. The job position included teaching the general chemistry, conducting recitations and performing lab experiments. Grading exams and holding one help center hour, preparing presentations

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and my learning and teaching abilties   Answer Question

Engineering Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a personal relationship with my professor, so he approached me to see if I was interested in working for him over the summer. I later had an interview with him and a couple of other professors, mainly to gauge what my interests were and what type of work I might be doing.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Iowa State University in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The application website worked smoothly and was easy to use. I liked the way it was designed. I got a phone call directly giving me an offer.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was just a small face to face interview. The professor asked few technical questions and asked about my research experience. I had to tell about my research, publications and projects.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions, publications and research experience.   Answer Question

Interview

Communicated through email. Interviewed for summer position on PHP, Java and SQL. It also involved questions on my previous experience and interest to learn new technologies. After that, I was selected and asked to choose the number of work hours. From here, it went smoothly. They liked my work and continued my contract and the research assistant position. Now, I am building tools useful for my thesis as well as my job.

Interview Questions

• To prove that you can learn new technologies   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iowa State University in September 2014.

Interview

Sent in my application on the ASC website. I got approved to come in for an interview a few days later. It was very easy. It was with a group of 5 or 6 people, and we all answered the same basic questions. We were emailed by the end of the week saying if we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on running a session with difficult students?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

professor for signal and system class, asked me about the fourier transfer and how can I get the formula. also, some knowledge about matlab. it is a short interview, and me and professor talked very well. because i got A for this class and my gpa is good, so i got the position

Mosquito Surveillance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. This is a University position so there is a wonderful culture of allowing students the opportunity to work and gain experience while rejecting as few people as possible. The interview consisted essentially of a job description, and the hiring manager asking if it would be something you're interested in. It would be helpful to take the mosquito surveillance laboratory.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any entomological experience?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iowa State University (Ames, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

Had the boss as a professor, was approached and had a casual conversation in order to make sure I was fit for the job. Was taken on during the summer in order to train. Other employees were there also to help the transition.

Interview Questions

• What were my future career goals?
      How many hours was I willing to work?
      Answer Question