Ipreo Data Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Data Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I was able to get my resume noticed through a contact in the company. Received a call from HR a few days after submitting a letter and resume and talking to the contact, and the interview was set up promptly. I first spoke with an HR representative who told me that I would be meeting the three team leaders within the department, all three of which were looking to fill an analyst position within their respective team. I was interviewed by each team leader separately, each for approximately 40 minutes. All three were very young and pretty informal, which came as somewhat of a relief. The majority of each interview involved each team leader explaining the role of their specific team in terms of the rest of the departments at Ipreo, (initially somewhat confusing), but for the most part they were very helpful and did a good job answering my questions. It should be noted that all interviewers, including the HR rep, made sure to ask me several times whether I had any questions, so I would definitely read up on the structure and client groups of Ipreo and have specific questions in mind prior to starting the interview.

I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week, which became the end of the next week, and it took a few phone calls and an email on my part to finally get an answer. I was not particularly surprised, while the interviews had gone well, it became evident through my questions during the interview that the position was not really what I had anticipated or was looking for. Unfortunately, my last contact with Ipreo left a bad taste in my mouth, as they neglected to insert my name into the template letter they sent me, resulting in a letter that began with "Dear ____"

Interview Questions

• What sort of database management experience (specifically software) have you had in the past?   Answer Question