Ipreo Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ipreo Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief phone screen which moved on to an in person with three separate interviews with senior level managers. Phone screen was simple, mostly talking about background and an overview of the role. The in person was more complex, with an excel test, writing test, and more finance based questions. Overall was impressed by the organization and overall passion toward the business the employees had.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ipreo

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ipreo.

Interview

One on one with a Senior Level GMI Analyst, very friendly. Scheduled for 30 mins however managed to cover all points within 5-10 mins. Mentioned a second round interview consisting of excel test, writing test, and several interview sessions with upper level management at their headquarters in New York City

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was connected through a friend to an executive at the company who then referred me to a woman from recruiting out of the NC offices. After finding what role fit me, she set me up with a phone interview that was fairly casual, and overall a very enjoyable experience. I interviewed with a lead analyst in the New York offices, and waited a few weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some trends or significant events that you are following in the markets today?
      Q: Provide examples of public speaking experience that would show strong communication skills?
      Q: What data analytics tools are you familiar with, and what did you use them for?

***The question about market trends seems to be a common one asked by management, be ready for it***   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

applied through online job board, and the HR team got back to me within 2 days. first one is just a phone interview, and the next is Skype interview with 6 people. Ask about your background, your resume, and your knowledge about the firm. Overall, it was an average interview. Just know basic finance, and be ready to tell them what you know about current and last year's markets.

Interview Questions

• what stocks would you invest in right now and which ones would you stay away from? please tell me your reasons.   Answer Question

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ipreo.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with a recruiter. After the phone screening I had a two hour Skype interview with about 7 different people throughout the company who would ask very similar questions. After the Skype interview I was told that I would here back in a day or two but I was never contacted.

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ipreo.

Interview

The interview process was extremely unorganized and consisted of multiple phone interviews with HR and a variety of managers in specific market sectors. I had four phone interviews with IPREO and the process took over 3 months. I followed up with multiple emails, thanking the managers for their time and when they finally got back to me, HR had contacted me to fly in for an interview in New York. They then changed their mind and set up a Skype interview instead. The software platform used for the Skype interview did not even work and I ended up just talking to the managers through the microphone on my computer. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with how unorganized the company was with their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What stocks would you invest in right now and which ones would you stay away from?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

First was phone interview which was half an hour and very pleasant. Week later on site interview with five people. As the interview began a person who was director read my resume and immediately told me I am overqualified for the position and left in the middle of the interview. The rest of the interview went well but only five people interviewed me instead of nine.

Interview Questions

• What are the main things that happened in the markets last year and where do you see the markets in one year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ipreo (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied with a referral from my university liaison. Director of HR for the Raleigh, NC office contacted me. I was put in touch with a recruiter. By far the worst HR professional I have ever encountered. Missed 2 scheduled phone calls. Asked the same background questions on two subsequent phone calls - when I told her this she said she didn't have any notes from our previous phone call. I ended up finally securing an interview at the Raleigh office. 2-3 hour process where you meet with multiple teams of 2 which represent the different sectors of the market (Real estate, Oil & Gas, Technology, Financials, etc.). Some meetings are with 2 associates, some are with directors.

Interview Questions

• Typical background questions. They have you type a paragraph or two relating to the market and your opinion on a particular sector. No quantitative testing beyond this. The position is more for a sales type role with client interaction. The company is growing however they will pay you terrible wages. $40k offered for banking hours. Company is a joke, industry is unnecessary. Eventually IR teams at public companies will simply hire competent workers that can understand the market themselves, and this company will be obsolete. For now they are taking the business of a large financial markets competitor probably because this competitor understands this concept.

I would avoid this company unless you really need a paycheck -- anybody can do better than this.   1 Answer

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipreo in February 2015.

Interview

Someone called me for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was called into the office to do a short interview with someone who works at the company. The in person interview was relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ipreo (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

One page writing sample, excel skills test, round robin interviews with the different sectors across the floor. Best advice, is to be personable, driven and know the markets. Know about the job, have some insightful things about the recent market performance, don't just read the WSJ the morning of the interview, that's obvious.