Ipreo Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY).

Interview

Via employee referral, had two phone interviews followed by an in-person interview. Questions were straightforward and role-specific. None were overly difficult or out of the box. Interview held in NY office.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at Ipreo in July 2017. I interviewed with 7 different people overall. I found them all to be very professional, friendly, engaging and interested in why I would be a good fit. The process was a long one, but ultimately I felt I was dealing with an aggressive and progressive group of individuals who are doing all they can to remain the market leader. Overall I was impressed by what they've accomplished so far and by the caliber of the employees.

Interview Questions

• How will you transition to selling services to this specific player type?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 different people.

The first was a woman who either was so miserable in the morning that she didn't want to see another face, was the worst interviewer on the planet, hated my guts instantly for some reason or all of the above. She read monotone, pre-prepared questions off a sheet of paper, acted like she wished she was anywhere else from the very beginning, and walked out 12 minutes into our 30 minute scheduled session. Awful.

I had to wait 18 minutes for the next guy to come in after. He seemed to be a decent guy, but sounded dead tired and beaten down, totally miserable as well. Terrible sign for the working environment of this place. Half-heartedly asked me his questions and left.

The next person was terrific. The first person who seemed like a genuine, upbeat person who didn't look at me like I was a proctologist waiting to see him. He engaged me about the role, was very transparent, and seemed like he would be very pleasant to work for.

The last guy kept grilling me on technical questions and looked like he had no personality and never laughed at a joke in his life. Another waste of time.

HR was especially frustrating. Afterwards, they specifically told me to email them tomorrow to set up a time to discuss the interview. I emailed the next day, as HR told me to, and they just didn't write back.

A few days later, I emailed her asking if there was any feedback yet since a holiday weekend is coming up, and instead of replying, HR waited until the end of the day and sent me the most copy-and-pasted canned response ever. One of those "Dear ROBERT, Your experience was impressive however blah blah blah" deals.

Total garbage and completely classless of the HR department.

Glad I did not get the opportunity to work here.

Interview Questions

• If you could bring 3 items when you knew you would be stranded on a desert island, what would you bring?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief phone screen which moved on to an in person with three separate interviews with senior level managers. Phone screen was simple, mostly talking about background and an overview of the role. The in person was more complex, with an excel test, writing test, and more finance based questions. Overall was impressed by the organization and overall passion toward the business the employees had.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was connected through a friend to an executive at the company who then referred me to a woman from recruiting out of the NC offices. After finding what role fit me, she set me up with a phone interview that was fairly casual, and overall a very enjoyable experience. I interviewed with a lead analyst in the New York offices, and waited a few weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some trends or significant events that you are following in the markets today?
      Q: Provide examples of public speaking experience that would show strong communication skills?
      Q: What data analytics tools are you familiar with, and what did you use them for?

***The question about market trends seems to be a common one asked by management, be ready for it***   Answer Question

GMI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview, ended relatively early. Spoke with a person in HR. It was basically a review of the position and then of my qualifications, with some market-based questions, just to test your interest in Finance.

GMI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with recruiter, then interviewed New York office in November 2016. After completing a writing sample I met with 3 groups of 2 or 3 people. They asked pretty basic questions about where I believed the market was going, to pitch a stock, and about past internships and working with teams.
    I was disappointed with the whole process for several reasons. First of all, after following up with the 8 people I had met with only none of them got back to me as a courtesy. After following up with HR a couple of times, I didn't hear anything from Ipreo until 2 months after I interviewed, where they told me that they wanted to extend the offer but would get back to me in early January after the holidays. They did not contact me again until early February with offer details.

A word of advice, even if there is not an answer on hiring immediately it goes a long way to communicate that to the candidate, not just ignore their inquiries on the status of the position. I was really put off by the unorganized hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the market is headed in the next year   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY).

Interview

I had email correspondence with HR for nearly three weeks. Was asked to send resume and cover letter, which resulted in an email only explaining issues they had with resume. Found that to be a bit odd but in all it was non-stressful and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

applied through online job board, and the HR team got back to me within 2 days. first one is just a phone interview, and the next is Skype interview with 6 people. Ask about your background, your resume, and your knowledge about the firm. Overall, it was an average interview. Just know basic finance, and be ready to tell them what you know about current and last year's markets.

Interview Questions

• what stocks would you invest in right now and which ones would you stay away from? please tell me your reasons.   Answer Question

Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Phone call with HR. Phone call with one senior employee. then onsite interview with product manager, Team manager & Senior Employee. Hiring team was friendly. Interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• Types of Joints. Tell me about yourself. What is report.   Answer Question