Ipreo Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 different people.

The first was a woman who either was so miserable in the morning that she didn't want to see another face, was the worst interviewer on the planet, hated my guts instantly for some reason or all of the above. She read monotone, pre-prepared questions off a sheet of paper, acted like she wished she was anywhere else from the very beginning, and walked out 12 minutes into our 30 minute scheduled session. Awful.

I had to wait 18 minutes for the next guy to come in after. He seemed to be a decent guy, but sounded dead tired and beaten down, totally miserable as well. Terrible sign for the working environment of this place. Half-heartedly asked me his questions and left.

The next person was terrific. The first person who seemed like a genuine, upbeat person who didn't look at me like I was a proctologist waiting to see him. He engaged me about the role, was very transparent, and seemed like he would be very pleasant to work for.

The last guy kept grilling me on technical questions and looked like he had no personality and never laughed at a joke in his life. Another waste of time.

HR was especially frustrating. Afterwards, they specifically told me to email them tomorrow to set up a time to discuss the interview. I emailed the next day, as HR told me to, and they just didn't write back.

A few days later, I emailed her asking if there was any feedback yet since a holiday weekend is coming up, and instead of replying, HR waited until the end of the day and sent me the most copy-and-pasted canned response ever. One of those "Dear ROBERT, Your experience was impressive however blah blah blah" deals.

Total garbage and completely classless of the HR department.

Glad I did not get the opportunity to work here.

Interview Questions

• If you could bring 3 items when you knew you would be stranded on a desert island, what would you bring?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was lengthy only for them not to get back to me for weeks after 3 rounds. I dislike interviews where you have to meet with everyone in the company for a mid-level job for hours just for them not to have the courtesy to get back to you in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• In-depth scenario questions that seemed loaded from the start for their specific environment.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Deep technical questions on Microsoft stack of technologies .Net, C#, VC++, Asp.Net, COM, COM+, SQL Server, XSL, Application Development and Support.
    Phone interview then in person group interview at NY office.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received a voicemail from HR. I called them back and had a discussion about the position, and it basically turned into a phone interview about the position, what I was looking for, and why I was interested. At the end of the call, we set up a time for an interview the following week.

A few days later, I head to their office in midtown Manhattan. I'll break it down into 5 interviews, and I'm purposely putting them in random order.

1. I met with HR and she took me to a room to have another quick interview and answer any questions. I had several prepared beforehand and she did a good job of answering them. I would ask these same questions to all the other interviewers.

2. 1 on 1 with Product Manager #1
    This was an Indian guy that didn't smile at all. It was more like an interrogation than a conversation. He asked me what the position was that I was applying for and what I'd be doing in it. I wasn't sure if he was screwing with me or being serious, but I basically summarized the job ad. It turns out the job ad wasn't even accurate as he said the position didn't require any SQL. Wow.

He then questioned why I did things a certain way at a previous company I worked at. He asked me about what I thought the product was that I would be working on at Ipreo, what SDLC is, and if I've written business requirements. He also asked about the equity capital markets process, and whether I knew who was the lead bank for the Facebook IPO. Luckily I knew the answer for that (Morgan Stanley). He cut me off a few times and basically set an uncomfortable tone throughout the whole process. At the end of the interview, he asked me a brain teaser for "fun". It was about as fun as getting stabbed. He basically just seemed unfriendly. He's the kind of guy that you probably couldn't get a beer with even if he offered to pay.

3. 2 on 1 interview with a manager and analyst.
    It was a lady and dorky guy. They asked me basic questions on my background and work history, they asked the "what is your greatest weakness?" question, and they asked me what my biggest strength is. It went on for quite awhile, but it was generally pretty straightforward.

4. 1 on 1 with Product Analyst
    This was a big nerdy guy. He asked me what I knew about the equity capital markets process, and also lots of basic interview questions. He also asked me things like my favorite movie, my favorite band, etc. He asked me two brain teasers as well. I got one right and the other half right.

5. 1 on 1 with Product Manager #2
    This guy was the complete opposite of the other product manager. He sat down and basically said he wanted to have an easygoing chat. I got most of the usual interview questions including many that I already answered in the 2 on 1, and he also asked if I could do anything, what would it be. Also, what motivates you?

HR said the next step would be a second round with managing directors. There was no second round offered.

The company interviews like they want to be some top tier investment bank or Google/MSFT. Brain teasers are annoying and it really doesn't prove anything, even though I got some right. It seems like they want an exact best fit but aren't willing to pay since the position starts out at about $43,000 BEFORE taxes which is nothing in Manhattan. Everyone says they work really hard there and have to come in on weekends, but then why do I see some office workers just surfing the internet and chatting? Is it long hours and hard work or isn't it?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the equity capital markets process.   2 Answers
    • How many pennies would fill up this room?   1 Answer
    • There's a penny in a bottle. You can't pull the cork out or break the bottle. How do you get the penny out?   1 Answer
    • Describe to me what the position is that you're applying for.   1 Answer
    • You're trapped in a cube and you need to move from the bottom left corner to the top right corner on the opposite side. You can't fly through space. Draw a line showing the shortest distance to get there.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

1 Phone interview and then after a week i was called in for a Face to face interview. I met with 3 people. Hard core .Net questions, Lots of UML, ASP.Net, Multi threading questions. The first interviewer asked OOA design questions. Database optimization.

Interview Questions

• Web Farms, XML Serialization, Multi threading   Answer Question
    • how do you update the progress of a background thread in an asp.net web form? View state serialization , .Net Run Time.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Intially there was a technical round of telephonic interview, where is the question were related to basic C#,asp.net,SQL like difference between abstraction and interface, singleton class, session state, Joins in SQL. After clearing the telephonic interview, they called for an inperson interview. Where in they digged in detail. Like asked to write singleton class code, oops concept, virtual and override. SQL stored procedures etc.,

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief phone screen which moved on to an in person with three separate interviews with senior level managers. Phone screen was simple, mostly talking about background and an overview of the role. The in person was more complex, with an excel test, writing test, and more finance based questions. Overall was impressed by the organization and overall passion toward the business the employees had.

GMI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview, ended relatively early. Spoke with a person in HR. It was basically a review of the position and then of my qualifications, with some market-based questions, just to test your interest in Finance.

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was connected through a friend to an executive at the company who then referred me to a woman from recruiting out of the NC offices. After finding what role fit me, she set me up with a phone interview that was fairly casual, and overall a very enjoyable experience. I interviewed with a lead analyst in the New York offices, and waited a few weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some trends or significant events that you are following in the markets today?
      Q: Provide examples of public speaking experience that would show strong communication skills?
      Q: What data analytics tools are you familiar with, and what did you use them for?

***The question about market trends seems to be a common one asked by management, be ready for it***   Answer Question

GMI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with recruiter, then interviewed New York office in November 2016. After completing a writing sample I met with 3 groups of 2 or 3 people. They asked pretty basic questions about where I believed the market was going, to pitch a stock, and about past internships and working with teams.
    I was disappointed with the whole process for several reasons. First of all, after following up with the 8 people I had met with only none of them got back to me as a courtesy. After following up with HR a couple of times, I didn't hear anything from Ipreo until 2 months after I interviewed, where they told me that they wanted to extend the offer but would get back to me in early January after the holidays. They did not contact me again until early February with offer details.

A word of advice, even if there is not an answer on hiring immediately it goes a long way to communicate that to the candidate, not just ignore their inquiries on the status of the position. I was really put off by the unorganized hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the market is headed in the next year   Answer Question