Ipreo Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY).

Interview

I had email correspondence with HR for nearly three weeks. Was asked to send resume and cover letter, which resulted in an email only explaining issues they had with resume. Found that to be a bit odd but in all it was non-stressful and easy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied through my college's career website (as part of a regional collegiate job fair) and was selected for a first round interview. I was allowed to conduct it via phone instead of in person, as it took place during my winter break (early January).

(on a Tuesday afternoon) Phone Interview:

-Took roughly 15-20 minutes and consisted of fairly basic questions, including:

---Tell us a bit about your internships.
    ---Describe a challenge faced during one of your internships.
    ---How often do you follow the markets? Any stories of particular interest?

After waiting for almost two months, I was emailed for a second round, in-house interview, which took place after another month (offer - late Feb, interview - late March).

(on a Wednesday morning) Second Round In-House Interview:

-Spent about 5-10 minutes filling out an employee application (personal information, references, etc.)

-I had to take an Excel skills test and complete a one page writing sample (story relating to the markets). The skills test consisted of 30 different Excel functions and my ability to complete them (without using shortcuts most of the time). It wasn't difficult, just annoying. Others were told about the test/writing sample prior to interview, but I wasn't, so I guess HR dropped the ball with me.

-I had 1-on-1 interviews with two members of one sector/team. Both interviews took no more than 10-15 minutes. The questions were 90% related to my resume and 10% about personal interests and whatnot (fit related questions). Other people apparently had interviews with multiple sectors/teams.

-I had a 1-on-1 discussion with an analyst that started the year before. This was to hear their perspective on the job/company and to answer any questions I had.

-Ended with a quick wrap-up session with the HR rep about pay, benefits, etc.

The next week, I was asked to schedule a meeting with the Managing Director of the department. This was set for two weeks after that (late April).

(on a Friday afternoon) Meeting with MD:

-Spent 10 minutes or so discussing my resume and going more in detail about what I did.

-Spent another 5 minutes talking about personal interests.

-Finished with 5 minutes about any questions I had (about the business, how to be successful at the job, etc.).

-Overall, it seemed like he just wanted to see if I could carry a conversation, speak clearly, and would be a good fit in general.

Received a call from the HR rep later that day with the offer. After pressing for some time to think about the offer, they gave me until the following Tuesday (they originally wanted a response right away).

Overall thoughts:

-not as organized as it probably should've been on the part of HR (lack of notice with the Excel test/writing sample)
    -no mention of travel reimbursement or anything along those lines
    -interviews/interviewers were friendly and fairly stress-free
    -waiting at least a month each time before getting in contact about the next step was annoying

Interview Questions

• How often do you follow the markets? Any stories of particular interest?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process. The company seems pretty strict on start dates, pay, etc. (lack of signing bonus)

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Called for a quick introduction phone interview to schedule an in-person interview. In person interview was with 3 potential team members. Very relaxed, not many difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Not really any unexpected questions. Most difficult would be to list off some excel functions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Sat with recruiter who passed on resume for initial interview with the company. Spoke with HR representative who desribed the job expectations and asked relevant questions. Easy to converse. Said he'd give feedback to recruiter. Saw the same job posted very recently so not sure if they were actually ready to make an offer to anyone at the time.

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

You apply Online or through HR, and they call you back generally. The HR sets you up with an interview with one of the hiring managers for your team. They have about a 40 minute in person interview and you hear back within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Since I was interviewing for being an Intern, there were simple Technology questions. The hardest was a simple sort algorithm of a dictionary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me the job with the pay. We didnt negotiate since I am an intern

Fixed Income Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and received an email within the same week from HR.
    The email inquired about scheduling a time for a phone screening.
    After a 20 minute phone screening with HR, I was asked to come in for a formal interview at their 65 Broadway location the following week.

Interview Questions

• Explain this portion of your resume...   Answer Question
    • How have you excelled in a team based activity in the past?   Answer Question
    • How would you calculate an estimate of how many windows there are in the entire New York City area?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had an issue with a colleague and describe how you went about solving it.   Answer Question

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a current analyst, followed by a seemingly unending series of interview with 1-2 people at a time for about 6 hours without food or water in a hot conference room. I then didn't hear anything for over a month before I called HR myself to see what was up.

Fixed Income Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and a week later i received an email telling me I have the chance to interview. The interview is a video online. 4 questions that pop up in which you have a minute and a half to answer them. Turns out they wanted seniors so it was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• What was one project you worked on and what was your leadership position?   Answer Question

Perception Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Excel and writing test. In person Interview.
    HR was extremely unorganized. First they miscommunicated the date of the phone interview to me then the interviewer lost my resume. After the phone interview I was told I would be contacted by the end of the day to schedule an interview in NY. 3 weeks later after getting the answering machine every time I called I am finally able to get a hold of the HR employee only to find out interviewing for that position is over.

Interview Questions

• What do know about Ipreo?
      Work history
      Why are you a good fit?
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

got an initial screening interview on the phone, then they set up a in-person interview. The interview lasted for around 5 hours, they were all 1 to 1 interview. Interviewed on different topics by each interviewer.