Ipreo Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Ipreo Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief phone screen which moved on to an in person with three separate interviews with senior level managers. Phone screen was simple, mostly talking about background and an overview of the role. The in person was more complex, with an excel test, writing test, and more finance based questions. Overall was impressed by the organization and overall passion toward the business the employees had.

GMI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview, ended relatively early. Spoke with a person in HR. It was basically a review of the position and then of my qualifications, with some market-based questions, just to test your interest in Finance.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was connected through a friend to an executive at the company who then referred me to a woman from recruiting out of the NC offices. After finding what role fit me, she set me up with a phone interview that was fairly casual, and overall a very enjoyable experience. I interviewed with a lead analyst in the New York offices, and waited a few weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some trends or significant events that you are following in the markets today?
      Q: Provide examples of public speaking experience that would show strong communication skills?
      Q: What data analytics tools are you familiar with, and what did you use them for?

***The question about market trends seems to be a common one asked by management, be ready for it***

GMI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with recruiter, then interviewed New York office in November 2016. After completing a writing sample I met with 3 groups of 2 or 3 people. They asked pretty basic questions about where I believed the market was going, to pitch a stock, and about past internships and working with teams.
    I was disappointed with the whole process for several reasons. First of all, after following up with the 8 people I had met with only none of them got back to me as a courtesy. After following up with HR a couple of times, I didn't hear anything from Ipreo until 2 months after I interviewed, where they told me that they wanted to extend the offer but would get back to me in early January after the holidays. They did not contact me again until early February with offer details.

A word of advice, even if there is not an answer on hiring immediately it goes a long way to communicate that to the candidate, not just ignore their inquiries on the status of the position. I was really put off by the unorganized hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the market is headed in the next year   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

First I had to do phone screens with 5 different people. Then they scheduled memto come in. You spend many hours in a tiny conference room and talk to a lot of different people. They were pretty friendly and nice but seemed hurried.

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical questions about angular, bootstrap, node, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY).

Interview

I had email correspondence with HR for nearly three weeks. Was asked to send resume and cover letter, which resulted in an email only explaining issues they had with resume. Found that to be a bit odd but in all it was non-stressful and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

applied through online job board, and the HR team got back to me within 2 days. first one is just a phone interview, and the next is Skype interview with 6 people. Ask about your background, your resume, and your knowledge about the firm. Overall, it was an average interview. Just know basic finance, and be ready to tell them what you know about current and last year's markets.

Interview Questions

• what stocks would you invest in right now and which ones would you stay away from? please tell me your reasons.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Long and tedious. I came to NYC for the interview after completing a phone interview. The process was quite unorganized. I sat in a room while 4-5 people would come in one after the other and ask questions about school, personality, the position. Lastly, there was an excel test on the computer and then a surprise short answer about a person that I looked up to.

Perception Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Excel and writing test. In person Interview.
    HR was extremely unorganized. First they miscommunicated the date of the phone interview to me then the interviewer lost my resume. After the phone interview I was told I would be contacted by the end of the day to schedule an interview in NY. 3 weeks later after getting the answering machine every time I called I am finally able to get a hold of the HR employee only to find out interviewing for that position is over.

Interview Questions

• What do know about Ipreo?
      Work history
      Why are you a good fit?

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I met 8 people at Ipreo in 1 week - it was a very quick and efficient recruiting process.
    Interview process was more casual. Management was very friendly
    Some interviews went longer than slotted, but people were very flexible
    Questions were focused on situation analyses, focused on providing a quality service to key clients

Interview Questions

• My previous experience
      What I see in the financial technology industry