Ipreo Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY).

Interview

One digital interview followed by their version of a “SuperDay” at the NYC office. The process as a whole was fairly unorganized and many employees were sick at work, and all of them looked very tired. After the interviews and case study, I was notified three weeks later (by email) I had not been offered the job. One thing to note is they did not offer to pay for traveling costs getting to and from NYC for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Case study on fintech industry   1 Answer

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

5 hour interview involving a one-on-one interview, a case study with other interviewees, and an individual case study. They don't pay for travel or hotel expenses, so I ended up forking over $500 just for this interview. Their HR team is incredibly unprofessional, they never respond to your inquiries. If they send you an email asking you to call them, they never pick up. They're unclear about the differences between the technological and analytical stream. All in all, one of the worst places I've interviewed at.

Interview Questions

• Group case study - assume your boss is out and you have to pitch to a client in 40 minutes, prepare the pitch and present it to a group of people.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for QA position in NYC office in October 2017. Received a call from HR a week later with standard general questions and after that haven't heard from them in about 2 weeks. Finally HR got back to me with date and time hiring manager was supposed to call me. After phone interview with hiring manager I was invited to on-site interview, which lasted almost 5 hours! First they asked me to pass QA lab assignment where I was given application structure and some requirements and my goal was to determine ambiguity of requirements and write test cases. Time for this assignment was set for 2 hours. After that different employees were coming in one by one to have a 30 min interview each with same set of questions. And it all lasted another 2.5 hours! In about 3 days I received a vague standard email that they went with different candidate. I'd wish for amount of time I've spent being interviewed there at least receive a phone call and somewhat detailed feedback.

Interview Questions

• You are given 9 exactly shaped pool balls, but one of them weighs more than the rest. You can use the simplest balance scales to weigh the balls. What is the least amount of tries needed to determine which ball is the heaviest one?   1 Answer

Client Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY).

Interview

Via employee referral, had two phone interviews followed by an in-person interview. Questions were straightforward and role-specific. None were overly difficult or out of the box. Interview held in NY office.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at Ipreo in July 2017. I interviewed with 7 different people overall. I found them all to be very professional, friendly, engaging and interested in why I would be a good fit. The process was a long one, but ultimately I felt I was dealing with an aggressive and progressive group of individuals who are doing all they can to remain the market leader. Overall I was impressed by what they've accomplished so far and by the caliber of the employees.

Interview Questions

• How will you transition to selling services to this specific player type?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 different people.

The first was a woman who either was so miserable in the morning that she didn't want to see another face, was the worst interviewer on the planet, hated my guts instantly for some reason or all of the above. She read monotone, pre-prepared questions off a sheet of paper, acted like she wished she was anywhere else from the very beginning, and walked out 12 minutes into our 30 minute scheduled session. Awful.

I had to wait 18 minutes for the next guy to come in after. He seemed to be a decent guy, but sounded dead tired and beaten down, totally miserable as well. Terrible sign for the working environment of this place. Half-heartedly asked me his questions and left.

The next person was terrific. The first person who seemed like a genuine, upbeat person who didn't look at me like I was a proctologist waiting to see him. He engaged me about the role, was very transparent, and seemed like he would be very pleasant to work for.

The last guy kept grilling me on technical questions and looked like he had no personality and never laughed at a joke in his life. Another waste of time.

HR was especially frustrating. Afterwards, they specifically told me to email them tomorrow to set up a time to discuss the interview. I emailed the next day, as HR told me to, and they just didn't write back.

A few days later, I emailed her asking if there was any feedback yet since a holiday weekend is coming up, and instead of replying, HR waited until the end of the day and sent me the most copy-and-pasted canned response ever. One of those "Dear ROBERT, Your experience was impressive however blah blah blah" deals.

Total garbage and completely classless of the HR department.

Glad I did not get the opportunity to work here.

Interview Questions

• If you could bring 3 items when you knew you would be stranded on a desert island, what would you bring?   Answer Question

Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Phone call with HR. Phone call with one senior employee. then onsite interview with product manager, Team manager & Senior Employee. Hiring team was friendly. Interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• Types of Joints. Tell me about yourself. What is report.   Answer Question

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief phone screen which moved on to an in person with three separate interviews with senior level managers. Phone screen was simple, mostly talking about background and an overview of the role. The in person was more complex, with an excel test, writing test, and more finance based questions. Overall was impressed by the organization and overall passion toward the business the employees had.

GMI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview, ended relatively early. Spoke with a person in HR. It was basically a review of the position and then of my qualifications, with some market-based questions, just to test your interest in Finance.

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was connected through a friend to an executive at the company who then referred me to a woman from recruiting out of the NC offices. After finding what role fit me, she set me up with a phone interview that was fairly casual, and overall a very enjoyable experience. I interviewed with a lead analyst in the New York offices, and waited a few weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some trends or significant events that you are following in the markets today?
      Q: Provide examples of public speaking experience that would show strong communication skills?
      Q: What data analytics tools are you familiar with, and what did you use them for?

***The question about market trends seems to be a common one asked by management, be ready for it***   Answer Question