Ipreo Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ipreo Research Analyst Interview Questions

2.2

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ipreo (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The Hr call me and made some very simple questions as : Are you allowed to work at US? The location is close enough to you? etc.
Then, after weeks they got to schedule the interview with the hiring manager. That was good! She made experience related questions, she was very nice over the phone and it took less than 30min. Then, after some other weeks they schedule the interview with the hiring manager + director of the company. Two hours before the interview I received a email about a writing test that I would have to do when I get there and some market/ financial related questions that I would need to answer. This was a surprise since the position was an entry level and they don't ask for experience at all. The questions were very easy, not deep on my knowledge or experience at all and I didn't felt really challenged. Although, after all, I felt like I should have spoke more about myself and not just wait for their questions.
My big deception about Ipreo was the lack of organization on the interview process and feedback. They didn't have a date to close the position, and they didn't return to me (since Oct/16 until now) to explain how the process was going. I am disappointed with this.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ipreo

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

about 1 month. first you talk to HR recruiter. If you pass the first step, you willl be interviewed over the phone by maanagers, who will call you in for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• experience with compliance in the financial industry   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview process started with a general phone interview with someone from human resources for a different position, but she felt I would be better suited for this research role. I then moved to another phone interview with the department head before an in-person interview. Both of the interviewers were very personable and made the interview very simple and made me feel at ease. I received the interview phone call only a day after applying, and the entire process took around two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable making phone calls to follow up on leads?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail from the recruiter a few days later. I had one brief (~10 minutes) phone interview with the recruiter a week later, and then one half hour phone interview with a VP a day or two later. I was then invited for an on-site interview in the new office in downtown Raleigh. I had two separate interview sessions: a two person interview followed by a single interview. It wasn't difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• Very easy behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Be prepared to list your Excel skills and have good examples of what you've done with it.   Answer Question

The pay is extremely low. I should have known this going into the interview, since they start at $40k in NY, but I had my hopes up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a woman at HR for a phone interview. Like most of the financial companies that I've interviewed for, they like to call you when you least expect it so make sure you're on point. I went into the NYC office for a 1:1 interview then group panel interview. I was turned off by how sloppy the interviewers looked. Granted it is a very casual atmosphere however, the HR woman was fussing with her hair, a manager's hair was still wet from the morning. They like to ask you questions about the prior phone interview (what is the position about, what do you remember about the position). Pay close attention to what they tell you about the position. After approximately 2 hours of interviewing, the HR woman came back in and asked me again what the position was.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give me a situation where you had a problem and took leadership to fix the problem.   Answer Question

Pay was too little, really turned off by the sloppiness of the interviewers

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ipreo (Bethesda, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

I got an initial email or call (I can't remember which) from the company asking when I was free to set up a phone interview, after which I did the call in the lobby of my old job a few days later. It was a typical phone interview: an opening about myself, then a few questions about my previous experience, then more penetrating questions about my interest in the position and my potential skills at Ipreo. I knew that phones were a central part of the job, so I was as professional and enthusiastic as I could be in the lobby of my former employer.

I was invited to a secondary interview. It was at the office in Bethesda, MD, which was kind of a shady building to look at, not to mention that I went to the 6th floor and the door was locked. I went down to the second floor where I had seen a sign that said "Ipreo," and a guy came out in business casual clothes and looked confused that a guy in a suit was standing outside the door. He took me back up to the 6th floor and let me in the door.

It was getting kind of sketchy, so I relaxed because the worst thing that would happen would be I don't get to work at a creepy, hard-to-locate office. Eventually the HR people came and met me, wondering why I was so early. I took an initial personality test by just talking to the HR lady for a second, and then she gave me the Wonderlic, a popular test for employers (most popularly the NFL) to test general intelligence and problem solving. I finished about 38 problems and she cut me off, but I knew that would be sufficient because I wasn't trying to work for Goldman Sachs...

I was then courted downstairs (back to the 2nd Floor) and taken in to meet the regional research coordinator and the team leader under whom I'd be working. It was an engaging interview, and I was encouraged to ask a lot of questions. Since I couldn't ask why the office was so secluded, I simply asked about workflow and things like that. We had an enjoyable closing conversation and I left to go catch the metro back into DC.

Interview Questions

• How are you equipped to handle a balance of intensive internet research and phone calls to investment professionals in the US and abroad?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself a good communicator on the phone?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really have to negotiate anything, not that they would allow for salary adjustment. The pay is pretty good and the bonuses offer incentive for hard workers.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (Cape Town (South Africa)) in January 2013.

Interview

I had 3 interview with the office operation Manager, team leaders and future colleagues.
    It was a waste of time, they did not explain well anything about the responsabilities, no salary negociation, and terrible bad HR office manager.

HR does not have any idea of the employees rights and they could not care less.

Interview Questions

• Personal question about marital status.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was NO NEGOTIATION PHASE