Ipsos Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.9

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

They had me conduct an online interview in which I had to record my answers via web cam. General questions about experience etc. And overall it wasn’t really a bad experience and now I’m writing this 30 word review.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ipsos

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about a month later. The whole process seemed disorganized. The recruiter gave me a few different time options for a phone interview, and I responded shortly after with my preferences. The recruiter didn't respond until the next day and said those times actually weren't available anymore and asked if we could do it in a few hours. I agreed. The interview was pretty easy and straightforward and mostly asked about my past experiences.

The recruiter ended the call by saying that if I was selected, the in-person interview would be the following week. I explained that I would be out of town that particular day and couldn't change my travel plans on that short of notice, and asked if there was an alternate time. The recruiter said that I could maybe go in for the interview day during the following month, but we'd cross that bridge if we came to it.

I was emailed a couple days later and invited to the in-person interview on the day previously mentioned. I explained my situation again and expressed that I was still interested, and asked if I could interview during an alternate time. No response. I followed up again to make sure the recruiter got my email, and again no response. I followed up one more time later that week and still no response.

I've never had an experience like this. I was surprised that they only give two days notice for an all-day interview on a non-negotiable date, and disappointed that the recruiter became completely unresponsive. It certainly left a negative impression, and I don't plan to apply again.

Interview Questions

• What other types of jobs are you applying for right now?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipsos in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very long and extensive. I had 3 phone interviews and heard back from each of the interviews fairly quick. And then I had an in person interview where I met with 3 different people. Ask the basic interview questions and pretty informal. They said I would hear back either way. I hadn't heard back for a week so I emailed the HR and no response. I emailed the HR again a week later and no response so I assume I had just been ghosted. HR finally emailed me back more than 3 weeks later asking to speak on the phone. HR called me after all that time to let me know they went with another candidate. Very weird....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipsos (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in the NYC office with the director of the team and the global leader of the division. The interview took just under an hour and consisted mainly of behavioral questions. Both interviewers provided good insights on the division within Ipsos and the structure of the role.

Interview Questions

• -Walk us through your resume
      -What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      -What is your preferred management style?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos in January 2017.

Interview

My interview experience with this company was very negative.

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an initial phone screen and was provided with various times to speak. I replied later that day with the best time for me. I never heard back from the recruiter by the next week so I emailed to confirm our plans to chat the next day. She replied that she actually was no longer available at that time. She provided a time to connect later that week which we agreed on.

I then received an email from her an hour before our agreed upon time to say that she had attempted to reach me but couldn't get in touch. I immediately responded and let her know that we had agreed to speak an hour later and asked if she was still available then. She apologized for her mistake, but she said that she was no longer available at that time and instead offered times for the next week for us to connect. I emailed her with a time when I was available and she replied the next day that she was no longer available at that time (again...).

We finally connected later that week and had a great conversation about my background, the position and the company and its culture. She told me that the next step would be coming in to the office for a day of interviews and that one of those interview days was available in about two weeks time. She asked for me to send her an unofficial transcript and told me she would send me details about the interview day in the next few days. After our conversation I immediately followed up and provided her with my transcript. I never heard back so I followed up the next week and got no response. The original interview date that she had mentioned on the phone had passed, so I followed up one last time asking if there were additional times available and I received no response.

None of this experience is how a recruiter should treat a candidate, both with scheduling the interview and telling a candidate they would be moving forward and then ignoring them after that. If you interview with them, be prepared for them not to value you or your time.

Application

Interview

My experience interviewing with this company was very negative.

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an initial phone screen and was provided with various times to speak. I replied later that day with the best time for me. I never heard back from the recruiter by the next week so I emailed to confirm our plans to chat the next day. She replied that she actually was no longer available at that time, and she provided a time to connect later that week which we agreed on.

I then received an email from her an hour before our agreed upon time to say that she had attempted to reach me but couldn't get in touch. I immediately responded and let her know that we had agreed to speak an hour later and asked if she was still available then. However, again she said that she was no longer available at that time and instead offered times for the next week for us to connect. After emailing her with the best time for me, she replied the next day that she was no longer available at that time.

We finally found a time to speak later that week and had a great conversation about my background, the position and the company and its culture. She told me that the next step would be coming in to the office for a day of interviews and that one of those interview days was available in about two weeks time. She asked for me to send her an unofficial transcript and told me she would send me details about the interview day in the next few days. After our conversation I immediately followed up and provided her with my transcript. I never heard back so I followed up the next week and got no response. The original interview date that she had mentioned on the phone had passed, so I followed up one last time asking if there were additional times available and I received no response.

This is not how a recruiter should treat a candidate, both with scheduling the interview and especially telling a candidate they would be moving forward and then ignoring them after that. If you interview with this company, be prepared for them not to value you or your time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ipsos (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR which ended with my interviewer wanting to set up an in person interview with the hiring manager. My interviewer needed to get the hiring managers availability and that the interviewer would send me an email later that day with further details. I never received any further contact from the person I interviewed with, or anyone else at Ipsos, even after multiple attempts on my part to reach out to my point of contact.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ipsos (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I only went through the phone interview.
    It was fairly basic and routine and it helps if you ask a lot of questions too. They want to know whether you're interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ipsos (New York, NY).

Interview

So I scheduled with someone through email to conduct a phone interview within the same day of applying. I never heard from anyone and when I emailed them back they never responded. It was completely unprofessional and a waste of my time. Don't apply here if you actually want to be considered for a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ipsos (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online.
    Brief phone interview - was asked to come in person at the end of the same work
    In person interview - extremely unprofessional. was interviewed by 4 different people. 2 of them were not even told they would be interviewing until 5 minutes after I showed up to the office. Was given no briefing about the position or the positions of the people I spoke to until I asked. First question "when can you start?" thought that was weird. Normal behavioral questions like strengths, weaknesses, take me through your resume. Lot of questions about skillset with Excel, powerpoint, statistical and regression models.
    Assuming I didn't get the position after sending thank you emails, emailing HR twice, I've received no response - super unprofessional to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How do you deduplicate a list in excel?
      If you were making a powerpoint for a client where would you go for pictures/what types?   1 Answer