Ipsos Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ipsos Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.9

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos in January 2017.

Interview

My interview experience with this company was very negative.

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an initial phone screen and was provided with various times to speak. I replied later that day with the best time for me. I never heard back from the recruiter by the next week so I emailed to confirm our plans to chat the next day. She replied that she actually was no longer available at that time. She provided a time to connect later that week which we agreed on.

I then received an email from her an hour before our agreed upon time to say that she had attempted to reach me but couldn't get in touch. I immediately responded and let her know that we had agreed to speak an hour later and asked if she was still available then. She apologized for her mistake, but she said that she was no longer available at that time and instead offered times for the next week for us to connect. I emailed her with a time when I was available and she replied the next day that she was no longer available at that time (again...).

We finally connected later that week and had a great conversation about my background, the position and the company and its culture. She told me that the next step would be coming in to the office for a day of interviews and that one of those interview days was available in about two weeks time. She asked for me to send her an unofficial transcript and told me she would send me details about the interview day in the next few days. After our conversation I immediately followed up and provided her with my transcript. I never heard back so I followed up the next week and got no response. The original interview date that she had mentioned on the phone had passed, so I followed up one last time asking if there were additional times available and I received no response.

None of this experience is how a recruiter should treat a candidate, both with scheduling the interview and telling a candidate they would be moving forward and then ignoring them after that. If you interview with them, be prepared for them not to value you or your time.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the department of this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ipsos

Application

Interview

My experience interviewing with this company was very negative.

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an initial phone screen and was provided with various times to speak. I replied later that day with the best time for me. I never heard back from the recruiter by the next week so I emailed to confirm our plans to chat the next day. She replied that she actually was no longer available at that time, and she provided a time to connect later that week which we agreed on.

I then received an email from her an hour before our agreed upon time to say that she had attempted to reach me but couldn't get in touch. I immediately responded and let her know that we had agreed to speak an hour later and asked if she was still available then. However, again she said that she was no longer available at that time and instead offered times for the next week for us to connect. After emailing her with the best time for me, she replied the next day that she was no longer available at that time.

We finally found a time to speak later that week and had a great conversation about my background, the position and the company and its culture. She told me that the next step would be coming in to the office for a day of interviews and that one of those interview days was available in about two weeks time. She asked for me to send her an unofficial transcript and told me she would send me details about the interview day in the next few days. After our conversation I immediately followed up and provided her with my transcript. I never heard back so I followed up the next week and got no response. The original interview date that she had mentioned on the phone had passed, so I followed up one last time asking if there were additional times available and I received no response.

This is not how a recruiter should treat a candidate, both with scheduling the interview and especially telling a candidate they would be moving forward and then ignoring them after that. If you interview with this company, be prepared for them not to value you or your time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ipsos (New York, NY).

Interview

So I scheduled with someone through email to conduct a phone interview within the same day of applying. I never heard from anyone and when I emailed them back they never responded. It was completely unprofessional and a waste of my time. Don't apply here if you actually want to be considered for a position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ipsos (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I only went through the phone interview.
    It was fairly basic and routine and it helps if you ask a lot of questions too. They want to know whether you're interested.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was relatively quick. I will mentioned that most analysts seem to be hired as referrals, but I applied online. I heard back within a few weeks (as they were compiling applicants to hire as a class). The first interview is with a recruiter who screens you on a number of behavioral interview questions, salary requirements, and some basic questions about your experience and education.

The second and last round of interviews is with a group of more senior employees specific to your business unit. The process began with a short assessment that tested my basic mathematical skills, logic, and writing skills. I then interviewed with four members on my business unit. This interview was about two weeks after the screening.

i heard back about two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What about your personality makes you a good market researcher?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I heard from another employee who did that the offer is very firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ipsos (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online.
    Brief phone interview - was asked to come in person at the end of the same work
    In person interview - extremely unprofessional. was interviewed by 4 different people. 2 of them were not even told they would be interviewing until 5 minutes after I showed up to the office. Was given no briefing about the position or the positions of the people I spoke to until I asked. First question "when can you start?" thought that was weird. Normal behavioral questions like strengths, weaknesses, take me through your resume. Lot of questions about skillset with Excel, powerpoint, statistical and regression models.
    Assuming I didn't get the position after sending thank you emails, emailing HR twice, I've received no response - super unprofessional to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How do you deduplicate a list in excel?
      If you were making a powerpoint for a client where would you go for pictures/what types?
      1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

After online application I was called by HR for an initial screening. After the screening I was asked to come in for an interview to meet with 3 people individually. A little over 3 weeks later I sent a follow up email to HR to inquire about the status of my application and was asked to come in for a second interview to meet with 3 more people. A few days after I was asked to come in for a 3rd interview the following week and met with 4 more new people. 2 days after the third interview I was offered a position.
    During the interview process I was also asked to provide basic documents (school transcript, SAT/ACT scores, references)

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions were asked during the interviews: How do you handle having many tasks at once? Would you say you are detail oriented and big picture? What is one weakness? etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ipsos (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

This was the first of two different recruiters' phone interviews. It was simple, she asked about grades and standardized test scores, asked about my data analysis background and programming background. Asked a few odd interview-y questions that put you on the spot. Asked for a 20-second "elevator-pitch" regarding interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you taught yourself in the past six months?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

Managers and VP met me during the 3 hour interview. They asked me a lot about my previous projects and the behavior questions.They were looking for the most fitting person for this position.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

Phone interview. Very brief. Hiring Manager explained the position and was very personable. Went through resume and asked about each of my relevant experiences. She moved my along in the interview process immediately, offering me another interview while still on the phone.