Ipsos Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ipsos Research Associate Interview Questions

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

There's an initial conversation with HR, from there you meet with management. There is typically a very basic interview where you discuss your experience and basic interview questions. You have to display that you'll be a fit with corporate culture (i.e. work hard, open to social events, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What do you do in times of conflict   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Ipsos

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

One phone interview with the general manager of the San Francisco office, followed by in-person interview with the general manager, a director, a senior research manager, and a research manager.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I don't really remember. Probably questions related to my background in quantitative analysis in school.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Interview process was done remotely (all phone based - no Skype or video conference) as I was relocating to a new city. First step was HR phone screening, followed by a group conference call. On the call I was able to speak to all team members, turned out to be a good team, but would have liked to meet them in person first and had the opportunity to see the office.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

Contacted by an internal recruiter within a few days of applying. Spoke on the phone and had an easy screening interview; didn't hear back for a few weeks and then the recruiter called to schedule an interview with the team. Very informal and went well (met four people who were all very personable and made me feel comfortable). After that, didn't hear anything for almost a month, and then the recruiter contacted me to set up an interview with a VP, which was also pretty informal; I was told they would be making a decision within a week. And then radio silence. When I asked the recruiter (after another month) what happened, I was told they "really liked me" but hadn't made a decision yet and were still interviewing candidates- four months after my initial contact with them.

Interview Questions

• Actually there weren't even a lot of questions. They just told me about the position and the team/company and asked about my background and how I saw it fitting the needs of the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later by a recruiter. There was a phone interview with the recruiter within a week. We discussed my background and research experience. A one-on-one interview was scheduled for the following week. The questions were basic, not much about my background or analytical ability. I was told that there would be another interview to meet with a colleague who was unable to participate in the one-on-one interview that day. Last contact was almost 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything about the interview or position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ipsos (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Marathon session, all done in one day. First a phone screen with HR. Then a round robin of interviews where you stay in the conference room and different managers come in to interview you: HR, Director, Senior Research Manager, Research Associate, Different Director.

Interview Questions

• Would you put the imagery test before or after the equity model?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ipsos (Norwalk, CT) in January 2010.

Interview

My first contact with Ipsos was an email asking me if I would come in for an interview. I met with four members of the staff. First I met with a Junior Manager and went through some general questions about the location, the position, and my background. For instance, "How do you feel about relocating to Norwalk?", "What made you decide to apply to this position?", "How do you feel about working in the health care sector?", "Tell me about this internship". I spoke with another Junior Manager third who asked almost identical questions. I think this was more for me to meet and greet between me and the staff. They will probably be asked what they thought of me but didn't take any notes or have any vital questions. They were very friendly and easy to relate to. In between those discussions I interviewed with the true Manager of the office. She was very to the point and persistent. She was very focused on my feelings about research and the health industry. She was less concerned with my qualifications than with how I would mesh with her existing team. Her mood was more interrogative than positive. You could tell she was very knowledgeable about her job and her industry and showed a lot of strength of character. The final meeting was a ten minute interview with the HR Generalist who mostly just told me some facts about the company as a whole. The final portion of the interview was two skills tests. The first was a 5 minute proofreading exercise where you compared two documents. The second was a 40 minute exercise where you were given four data documents and asked to provide implications from the data. The whole process took 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in the health care sector?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ipsos (Culver City, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR to start and then I scheduled an appointment to meet the team. Met with a total of 5 people in one of the conference rooms. First with Director level senior management and then a group of peers. Senior managers were more interested in skill set while peers were looking for personality fit

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions but I supposed this depends on who is interviewing you. What is you biggest weakeness is what was probably hardest but is typical   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ipsos (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

initial phone interview, and then an in-person test (90 min), and three individual interviews (90 min).

the test was proofreading, math, and writing based on a table - really basic

I felt the interviews went well but I only really hit it off with one of the interviewers. I also had minimal previous market research experience so even though I did well on the test, I may not have been the best fit.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation in which you screwed up, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interview

Two interviews. First was a general meeting with an HR rep..basic questions about past experience and career expectations. Second was a 90 minute test on excel, basic maths, survey editing. After the written test you meet with two team managers to go over your experience more in-depth.