Ipsos Research Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.7

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos (Washington, DC).

Interview

You interview with several individuals you will potentially work with. I interviewed for the whole day, and potential peers (other research managers) took me out to eat lunch during a break.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ipsos?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was a pretty disappointing.

Other Interview Reviews for Ipsos

Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

You will be asked to come in for a series of interviews--first with senior management and then with peers or co-workers. After the interview process you'll be asked to complete a test of varying level of difficulty. It's usually straightforward. They look for grammar and insight, so brush up on reading your quant numbers.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges you've previously faced that would help you now in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple--seeing as how I was already employed in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos (New York, NY).

Interview

Emailed by HR to be contacted for initial overview. Set up a time and person spoke briefly about the position and company. She then told me I would be contacted with a hiring manager for a phone interview. She initially did not get back to me and was terrible at answering emails. Finally got a phone interview over a week later. After that I was not contacted for over a MONTH. sent several emails regarding to interview, not one was answered.

Interview Questions

• Easy initial interview spoke about previous experience, why marketing industry, why this position... etc simple questions.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ipsos (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Pretty easy. No background checks or tests. I would say it's one of the least rigorous interview process I've done. Everyone was very nice and interesting to speak with.

Negotiation

They matched by previous employers salary but refused to go above that.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ipsos (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Invitation to 10 min phone interview and 1hr in-person at the same time. Update a powerpoint report given a data table within 1hr at home.

Phone interview was typical, going over experience, salary expectations

In-person interview was strange; panel interview with the hiring manager and a VP. Talked more negatively about the role than positively, highlighted mundane things about working there as if that separated them from the crowd. Scripted questions. One interviewer looked very unenthusiastic, unfriendly, distracted, and like they really didn't want to be there. By the end I was sure I wouldn't want the position or to work there.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ipsos (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2013.

Interview

Quick and smooth, questions were fairly easy and the main focus was on my previous experience and skills. I received a lot of background informtion about the project. Very positive process. Quicker than other companies.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos (Bangkok (Thailand)) in July 2009.

Interview

Very informal. You will be asked to meeting with at least 2 people (3 maximum) on different occasion.

You will likely first meet with the MD who will tell you about the company in general, and gauage your "fit" with the company. Even though the talk seems to be very informat, he has very keen eye, and likely to see whehter you will fit with the organization.

If you pass, you will meet with your "next boss" who likely to be Research Director, and he/ she will interview you whehter you suit the position in his/ her team. You might meet with your "future colleague". and that should be all the process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tend to give you the fair price. So not much room too negotiate after that. Maybe you get a bit more, but that's it.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ipsos (New Delhi (India)) in July 2008.

Interview

Be prepared on your past experiences. They will come out of the blue to judge your confidence and ask questions on statistics in detail and you might have not imagined will come in front of you.