Iris Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Iris Software Interview Questions

Interviews at Iris Software

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Iris Software (Noida (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Questions were average. A multi day review rounds . multiple HR and management rounds. Technical rounds were just ok nothing much.
    They grill you on your background and see if you can stay in the company or not.

Interview Questions

Interview

Its just a normal process that any other company follow. One written round followed by two technical round and then VP round and finally HR round. Sometimes it happen first.

Negotiation

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Iris Software (Noida (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. First was written round. . there were multiple choice questions on core java concepts.
    2. Then Face to face technical discussion where your projects from resume and core java questions where asked.
    3. Again Technical round where framework related questions where asked which were mentioned in your resume.
    4. Managerial round
    5. HR

Interview Questions

• 1. Written : MCQ on core java topics.. basic, multithreading, concurrency,countdown latch, cyclic barrier ...
      2. technical: core java.. mostly multithreading and concurrency
      3. technical : framework mentioned in your resume and few core java questions.
      4. Manegerial: your achievements, challenges, strength
      5. HR: salary discussion   Answer Question

Interview

1 day process includes: face to face 2 rounds of technical interview , 1 HR round.
    Later, telephonic managerial round happens after a few days of face to face process.
    However technical can happen over phone as well but mandotory to give one of the rounds face to face.

Interview Questions

• - How to stop a thread from java program itself without using kill -9 command.
      - a Person class, create it's some objects, Person class has 4 fields :
         Name, salary , address and organization
         Now , create a hashset...
         Create 3 or 4 objects of Person class in hashset.. and store them in hashset in sorted manner on basis of name . If name is same in two objects , then sort them on basis of salary.
      - Hashmap, treemap, cyclic barrier, ciuntdown latch,
      - design patterns: builder design pattern
      - question : "whether u know spring or not. " Some basic idea.
      - Conversion constructor in Collections..
      - ReentrantLocks

Mostly collection and multi-threading...
      Some database questions like joins.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Iris Software (Noida (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of technical interview. One written test as well . After which there was a managerial discussion. It was an average interview. HR and interview panel was polite.

Interview Questions

• 1.)Strings
      2.) Collections
      3.)Multithreading
      4.)Design patterns
      5.)OOP's concept   Answer Question

Technical Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Iris Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

The worst interview process I experienced in my 18 years in the industry. I do not say this because I did not get the offer, I say this despite the fact that I cleared 8 rounds and 3 tests at my level of experience! Here is my horror story...
    I had recently immigrated to Canada after quitting my job so was essentially unemployed and looking for the right break. I had another offer and was considering joining when IRIS HR contacted me for the role that seemed to be right up my alley and got me very excited. I was prepared to forgo my current offer for this and mentioned this to the HR who contacted me. In hindsight this was a mistake as the horror and exploitation started right here. I was initially told there will be 3 rounds of interviews and one online test before an offer can be made. Over the next one month I was subjected to a series of 9 rounds of interviews where I spoke with the Canada Program Director, the Canada Client Partner, the Offshore Program Director, the Head of Financial Services, the Vice President - Sales, the Regional Operations Head - India, IRIS CEO, a couple of folks who were the 'Owners' of IRIS. Many of them spoke in multiple rounds. Additionally I underwent 3 online tests despite me never having had to go thru such nonsense in 18 years! I cooperated throughout as I would get calls from the HR on a daily basis telling me that she has heard only positive feedback and that there will just one more round before an offer or talking about the paperwork needed after an offer is made etc...all to egg me on to cooperate for another round! It was getting absurd by the day as more and more rounds were added but I played on innocently in the hope that I will land a dream role. All the time I kept the current offer in hand on the back burner. At the end of 8 rounds of grilling I was actually told they are evaluating one new candidate and would like me to come and meet their CEO just to strengthen my case. That was outrageous but by that time I was too committed to walk away. To be fair all the rounds were very technical and evaluated my experience very thouroughly many times over so I was very confident in bagging the offer. Finally the CEO asked me for a minimum commitment of atleast 3 years which is ridiculous considering that 1. its not legal and 2. he himself cannot give me a commitment he will not sell off his company for a few extra bucks anyday! I gave my best and genuine answer that I can commit for an year and everything after that depends on how well the year goes. This apparently didnt go too well and I was rejected with not even so much as a sorry for wasting my time. I eventually ended up with my previous offer after losing salary for almost 2 months..the HR and management knew all along this would happened but never cared. The question I have is why waste some 20 hours of my time and that of your own senior management in interviews/tests etc when you could have easily asked about a commitment during pre-screening itself? Really hope more candidates were not put thru this insensitivity before filling up that position.

Team Leader Interview

Interview

1st was a online test from IKM on C# and Javascript/jquery. Test was pretty good quality (this more complimentary of IKM than IRIS).

2nd was a 30 min phone interview with 3 people, some decent questions but overall a bit disorganised and lacking coherency.

Overall, to spend that amount of time/effort on an interview process without the case being made for why the candidate should consider working at IRIS is not helpful. The feeling I got was that IRIS aren't up to scratch in terms of interviewing developers, and thus probably not up to scratch with other operational concerns, making it not as good an employer as a lot of other tech employers in central London.

Interview Questions

• None really; but you might be asked over the phone to model the Pacman game.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Iris Software (New Delhi (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

very fair and healthy discussion happened.

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was very satisfactory.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Iris Software (Noida (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was good interaction by TAG Team and the way they welcome employees is wonderful. Initial online Aptitude round, then 2 technical interviews and finally HR and then offer :)

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iris Software (Noida (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was an easy process , mostly focus on mmultithreading and concurrency part and also focus on collection and basic Java. You must revise your basics for Java and data structures and algorithm.