Iris Software Technical Delivery Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Iris Software

1 Interview Review

4.0

Technical Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Iris Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

The worst interview process I experienced in my 18 years in the industry. I do not say this because I did not get the offer, I say this despite the fact that I cleared 8 rounds and 3 tests at my level of experience! Here is my horror story...
I had recently immigrated to Canada after quitting my job so was essentially unemployed and looking for the right break. I had another offer and was considering joining when IRIS HR contacted me for the role that seemed to be right up my alley and got me very excited. I was prepared to forgo my current offer for this and mentioned this to the HR who contacted me. In hindsight this was a mistake as the horror and exploitation started right here. I was initially told there will be 3 rounds of interviews and one online test before an offer can be made. Over the next one month I was subjected to a series of 9 rounds of interviews where I spoke with the Canada Program Director, the Canada Client Partner, the Offshore Program Director, the Head of Financial Services, the Vice President - Sales, the Regional Operations Head - India, IRIS CEO, a couple of folks who were the 'Owners' of IRIS. Many of them spoke in multiple rounds. Additionally I underwent 3 online tests despite me never having had to go thru such nonsense in 18 years! I cooperated throughout as I would get calls from the HR on a daily basis telling me that she has heard only positive feedback and that there will just one more round before an offer or talking about the paperwork needed after an offer is made etc...all to egg me on to cooperate for another round! It was getting absurd by the day as more and more rounds were added but I played on innocently in the hope that I will land a dream role. All the time I kept the current offer in hand on the back burner. At the end of 8 rounds of grilling I was actually told they are evaluating one new candidate and would like me to come and meet their CEO just to strengthen my case. That was outrageous but by that time I was too committed to walk away. To be fair all the rounds were very technical and evaluated my experience very thouroughly many times over so I was very confident in bagging the offer. Finally the CEO asked me for a minimum commitment of atleast 3 years which is ridiculous considering that 1. its not legal and 2. he himself cannot give me a commitment he will not sell off his company for a few extra bucks anyday! I gave my best and genuine answer that I can commit for an year and everything after that depends on how well the year goes. This apparently didnt go too well and I was rejected with not even so much as a sorry for wasting my time. I eventually ended up with my previous offer after losing salary for almost 2 months..the HR and management knew all along this would happened but never cared. The question I have is why waste some 20 hours of my time and that of your own senior management in interviews/tests etc when you could have easily asked about a commitment during pre-screening itself? Really hope more candidates were not put thru this insensitivity before filling up that position.

Interview Questions