Iron Hill Brewery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Iron Hill Brewery

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Iron Hill Brewery (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Disorganized and made me feel like I was a good fit with all my experiences I had.serving. I have served at upscale restaurants and family style restaurants, I have lots of experience. Who knows what the reason for not hri g me was but I don't appreciate them wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• Describe an incident where a customer was not happy with the service you provided.   Answer Question

Head Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Iron Hill Brewery (Newark, DE) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email showing interest in a phone interview. The interview was approximately a half hour. Two days later I received notice that I was not considered for the job. The feeling I got was that they were going to hire from within.

Interview Questions

• What I currently do and some of my experiences with current and past positions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Iron Hill Brewery (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was reasonable until the point when HR would only communicate with me via e-mail to schedule an in-person interview. Being in a busy career already, it was challenging to respond in time (basically texting speed) to lock in an interview. The time that worked for me was no longer available when I responded shortly after their original email and vice versa. It could have been a much better experience if they'd taken the time to call and set something up rather than wasting time going back and forth with gaps between e-mails. They were very nice about it, but it just wasn't working out with my work schedule and I feel the conflicts could have been prevented if scheduled by phone. I decided not to go through with it at that point.

Interview Questions

• Only had a video interview with various recorded questions relating to marketing.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iron Hill Brewery in August 2015.

Interview

Spent nearly 90 minutes discussing my career highlights with the HR screener and thought it was going well. Felt that I would be a good candidate for the position given my experience in providing marketing support in a multi-location retail setting. Also discussed how I was responsible for integrating social media and website/electronic properties

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you have the skills to fill this position?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iron Hill Brewery.

Interview

Interviewed twice with two different managers. Each one was about 15 minutes long. After second interview, was invited to orientation that night. After orientation, training begins. You must take menu tests, a beer class, and a few other classes on the industry.

Waitress Interview

Interview

1-3 interviews depending on how they go with different managers, all in which will be working side by side with you in your location. They really look for people who are enthusiastic and ask questions about the company.

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Iron Hill Brewery (West Chester, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Had a connection that worked at one of the restaurants. Easily got the job. Did 3 interviews in 1 day with the managers. Asked simple questions relating to experience , strengths , weaknesses , etc. It is important to dress properly. One manager stated to me that anyone coming in with jeans would not be hired by her. Besides that, most employees are referrals.

Restaurant Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Iron Hill Brewery (West Chester, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

First interviewed by an assistant manager. Reviewed resume and experience. Explained hiring process if selected. Second interview was with the general manager and was more in depth with qualifications and requirements to obtain knowledge of menu items and scheduling availability.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you handled a disgruntled or dissatisfied guest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iron Hill Brewery (Newark, DE) in June 2011.

Interview

You interview twice, once hired you must complete a beer class, beer test, seven menu tests and a weeks worth of training. You train 5 days on serving, and one day on hosting, bussing and expo.