Iron Mountain Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Strategic Planning, Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

multiple levels of interaction form recruiters by phone and in person to Human Resources by phone and in person. Had to pass gates with finance officers and operations peers to meet with Vice presidents and Senior Vice presidents

Interview Questions

• what value can you bring to the business   1 Answer

Negotiation

there seemed to be a salary floor at which the position would start at yet there were car allowances that could be discussed along with stock options and profit sharing percentages that fluctuated.

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Collegeville, PA) in December 2010.

Interview

Extensive interview w/ HR Director. Seemed to answer all his questions well, very encouraging reactions from him. When can you start, which shift, we have openings, you're local, your background is a great fit for our company and culture. etc. Seemed very promising, took me around to show me various CSR depts, introduced me to people, we'll be in touch, will be making decision by the end of the week.
    No word for at least two weeks. Sent email, no reply. Went into the new year, still no word. Sent another email, came back as failed message. Turns out the HR Director had left the company!!

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask any specific questions....general CSR experiences based on what was on resume.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royersford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Royersford, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a total of 5 interviews with IM; A phone interview with their recruiter, a phone interview with a sales manager, then a face to face with that manager. I was told in that face to face that they had filled the position internally, but she had me sit and listen to calls with a rep anyway. She then told me afterwards that she would pass my info along as she thought I'd be a good fit for other departments.

I had another phone interview with a different dept manager who set me up with another face to face. When I got to IM the second time, I met with a 3rd, completely different dept manager. If it sounds convoluted, it's because it was.

After having, what I felt, was a great interview, I started get the feeling that it was going no where again, so I asked when I would hear from someone. I was told that they weren't making hiring decisions until the end of the year; close to 6 months after that interview.

I understand the need to fill the pipeline if changes are being made, but I felt like I'd wasted my time, especially since I had to take time off twice, then had to reschedule after they changed the date.

Otherwise, everyone I spoke to, from beginning to end, was great. I even had the chance to chat with some employees as I was waiting for my interview. The office was nice for a cube farm (which is a standard call center environment). I would interview there again, as long as there was a position to interview for.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I received an email offering different times to choose from to interview. Interview was by phone. Caller was right on time which I very much appreciated. She was friendly. The call lasted about 10 minutes. She explained basics, like the location, a bit about what they do. Mentioned simple things like you can make up time taken for an appointment etc. Lots of questions about my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• What type of software had I previously used?
      How many outgoing calls per day had I made at the 2 previous jobs?
      What type of salary had I made previously?
      How far from my home was the office and did I know where it was?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the campus recruiter, and then went into the Boston corporate office for an in-person interview. Both were very simple and just went through your resume and skill sets.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview process was very slow; the recruiter was a temp, the recruiter knew very little about the position. In person interview was with couple of other engineers who were on their way out the door, the manager who interview was asking questions he did not even understanding how to ask. I was a joke; my bad should have known then what I was getting myself into.

Interview Questions

• Windows AD, Exchange how do they relate.   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royersford, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Royersford, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

one phone interview, scheduled a face to face interview with a sales director that turned into a phone interview, brought in for a face to face with the hiring manager & my potential manager. met with the VP of sales. received offer in less than a week. background test/drug test required.

Interview Questions

• go over resume, talk about a conflict at work and how you handled it. typical, cookie-cutter questions. it was a breeze for a very recent grad.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Interview

I went through a total of seven separate interviews, before landing the job. Regarding the work culture, there is an opportunity for growth in this area. It leans towards the negative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a co-worker, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be sure and research the company before going in. It will give you a leg up in the negotiation phase.

Business Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in April 2015.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me and asked if we could set up a time to review my qualifications. I was scheduled for a phone screen within the same week. I was asked about my experiences from my resume from my current job and my most previous job.

Business Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in January 2016.

Interview

I have NEVER experienced such a terrible/unorganized interview process in my life. Every time we communicated, it took the recruiter multiple weeks to respond, it was honestly like pulling teeth. He told me that he's setting me up for the next interview and would get back to me later that day - not only did he NOT get back to me that day, over a week passed by since then and there has still been no update. I cannot describe how frustrating it is to deal with Iron Mountain, my God. I have no idea how they are the best in their industry, because from a customer service/recruitment standpoint they are HORRENDOUS. Please fix your process, it is BROKEN.