Iron Mountain Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Iron Mountain Inc Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

Had an initial interview with a recruiter and after a great deal of professional questioning they never called back. After 2 weeks I followed up with an email and they told me I was their #1 candidate and wanted to have a second interview. Finally had the second interview and they asked about my background, sales experience, past quotas, telemarketing abilities, current commissions. Had a great conversation and I had the opportunity to ask critical questions about the position, company logistics and their expectations. They were very personable.

Interview Questions

• What's your weekly quota? How far do you leave from here?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me online then phone interview with hiring manager. I thought it was good match since I have 20 years in sales and technical field and all the skills wanted. Unfortunately this company has been restructuring so they are super picky and pay is below industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience in the field.
      Do you have any questions?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What is your background in building relationships?
      1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions?I gave background on my past roles and skills and how they relate to the job interviewed for. Hiring manager told me next step is to present on a topic. In spite of 20 years experience as sales engineer did not move forward with me which is sad. Then I read the company has been laying people off and bad reviews on the company so not surprised. Pay is lower than average too so no love lost.   1 Answer

Data Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Ashburn, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Corey was not knowledgeable about the Business. 2nd interview was fluffy and compromised. Said they would get back to me but never had the common courtesy to let me know anything unless I consistently e-mailed. Iron Mountain also told my friend he would be hearing from HR but HR never got in touch with him. Very inconsiderate treatment by a potential employer. I don't recommend this employer.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pacific, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Pacific, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Short interview phone interview with a Iron Mountain recruiter. I had a great conversation with her and left it as my resume getting in front of the hiring manager. I ask questions about company culture and since this a work from home role, how was team building conducted.

Interview Questions

• What I did in my last role as a SE at past company.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I received an email offering different times to choose from to interview. Interview was by phone. Caller was right on time which I very much appreciated. She was friendly. The call lasted about 10 minutes. She explained basics, like the location, a bit about what they do. Mentioned simple things like you can make up time taken for an appointment etc. Lots of questions about my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• What type of software had I previously used?
      How many outgoing calls per day had I made at the 2 previous jobs?
      What type of salary had I made previously?
      How far from my home was the office and did I know where it was?
      1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Collegeville, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Told at the beginning that the job would be filled by someone already on their team. They were only conducting the interview as a courtesy. Interviewer did not seem present and lacked any professionalism. It seemed I was bothering this person by even applying for the job.

Interview Questions

• Boilerplate interview questions. The interviewer wasn't dressed professionally and couldn't have cared less about conducting the interview.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

The phone interview was average until the end when they kept pressing about salary. They seemed very interested in what you're currently making as opposed to what is fair in the industry. It was a pretty quick interview and they surprisingly didn't ask the strength/weakness question.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Freehold, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Round robin interview with four separate individuals in separate rooms. Each interviewer asked several questions in the span of 30 minutes. Afterwards, I was shown the facility briefly.

Interview Questions

• Name a task that you were given without any direction or method beyond your own.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

I had one phone interview and two face to face interviews with the recruiter and the department manager. Seat ride aka job shadow with a current rep.
    Got to ask many questions, very open about the company and the roles expectations. I Felt confident afterwards but did not get an offer.

Business Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in January 2016.

Interview

I have NEVER experienced such a terrible/unorganized interview process in my life. Every time we communicated, it took the recruiter multiple weeks to respond, it was honestly like pulling teeth. He told me that he's setting me up for the next interview and would get back to me later that day - not only did he NOT get back to me that day, over a week passed by since then and there has still been no update. I cannot describe how frustrating it is to deal with Iron Mountain, my God. I have no idea how they are the best in their industry, because from a customer service/recruitment standpoint they are HORRENDOUS. Please fix your process, it is BROKEN.