Iron Mountain Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.6

Strategic Planning, Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

multiple levels of interaction form recruiters by phone and in person to Human Resources by phone and in person. Had to pass gates with finance officers and operations peers to meet with Vice presidents and Senior Vice presidents

Interview Questions

• what value can you bring to the business   1 Answer

Negotiation

there seemed to be a salary floor at which the position would start at yet there were car allowances that could be discussed along with stock options and profit sharing percentages that fluctuated.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Nascent marketing organization. Interview process took a very long time and was far too exhaustive for a mid-level marketing position I was invited to apply for but never really had a chance of getting. 3 telephone interviews, 9 1:1 interviews, 2 strategy/planning presentations, a personality test & very hard-to-get references (had to track 1 person down from 12 years ago) over ~9 weeks. There were several strange delays in the process -- the longest was between my last interview and the decision. As it turns out, I was just fodder until they lined up another "friend". Humiliating. If you have significant history with the hiring manager, go for it. Otherwise, be very careful with your dignity, your time investment and the favors you request from others. One other thing ... some of the junior people seemed to be overqualified and pigeon-holed while external people are being hired above them. That may not bode well for internal advancement potential or the working environment.

Vender Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview came from a recruitment firm. Meeting the IT Manager and one of the key workers, they seemed friendly yet they were honest about the culture there. There is definitely a struggle within ranks. It's that visable. The problem was what they were looking for ultimately different than interpreted.

Interview Questions

• What problems do you foresee as a IT Vendor Manager?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

Had an initial interview with a recruiter and after a great deal of professional questioning they never called back. After 2 weeks I followed up with an email and they told me I was their #1 candidate and wanted to have a second interview. Finally had the second interview and they asked about my background, sales experience, past quotas, telemarketing abilities, current commissions. Had a great conversation and I had the opportunity to ask critical questions about the position, company logistics and their expectations. They were very personable.

Interview Questions

• What's your weekly quota? How far do you leave from here?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

3 rounds tecnical one round with director , First round was littel easy mostly basics and 2nd round was litte difficult asked mostly what you kept in Resume, and 3rd round was difficult it took by manger asked senario questions.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Austin, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Recuirter contacted me via LinkedIn. Interview process was long but overall experience was postive. Do your research on this company so that you are informed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotions took over a month and a half. Background check was about 3 weeks due to Iron Mountain being a very secure company.

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position, which was a new role for the company. The initial phone screen conducted by one of the Senior BA's seemed like they were reading questions from a script - mostly yes or no questions ("Do you have experience with..."). That was followed by a 10 page written questionnaire of the same questions, leading to an in-person interview. The interview was conducted as a group/panel interview, with 6-8 team members dropping out or being added in over the nearly three hours process. After a group questioning, two of the interviewers then conducted a case study session, with three case studies. One of the interviewers admitted that this was a "new process" for them to conduct interviews this way. When it was over, I was escorted to the lobby and not told anything about next steps; it was just "over". Very strange and disorganized process.

Interview Questions

• (Shown only a process map for an existing accounting system, with no additional context). "How would you improve this process?"   Answer Question
    • "What is a process?"   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Atlanta, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

I was called early on MLK Day to set up a face to face interview. I was not given a lot of notice so I had to make some things happen quickly. They wanted me to provide a powerpoint presentation on the company and what I believed they offered as a company. The interview went great. I was nervous. I did get an offer and had a bit off a delay in background based on my educational expereience.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was did you think the interview would be this detailed? I made up the entire powerpoint presentation based on the criteria they provided and a lot of imagination.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate for additional monies based on the fact that they had just taken away the incentive and special project bonuses to Account Managers nationwide. The salary was it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

Round 1 : Shortlisting Round.
    Round 2: Technical Round
    Round 3:Managerial Round
    Round 4:HR Round

Interview Questions

• Explain the failures you had in your IT career and also explain your short-comings   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had other offers , therefore, I got an offer which I asked for.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

The interview process was months without hearing from the company or any decisions being made regarding the filling of open positions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was regarding future family planning.   1 Answer