Ironwood Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ironwood Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.4

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

HR phone interview, Hiring manager phone interview, and then 30-45 min interviews with about 8 people onsite. They ask typical situational questions and then a series of technical questions. They got back to me with the status within 1 week. Overall, very cordial interview process.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

This is a wonderful company and while the interview process is lengthy, it is thorough and comprises team members from multiple departments. Everyone was passionate about their role and very professional in their approach.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in July 2016.

Interview

PrincetonOne was who they outsourced the screening part to. Talked to them twice, then the regional director on the phone for an hour and finally a face to face for an hour. Really strenuous process. I got cut the day after the face to face. Pretty standard questions. STAR format ones, strengths, weaknesses, teamwork questions.

Interview Questions

• Deceive a teammate that was difficult and how you worked with that person   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was total 3 rounds (one phone interview with hiring manager) followed by two rounds of in-person interview. Very cordial interviews which focussed on personality and experiences based on resume. Some questions on technicalities of a problem but overall the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Working in team, responsibilities and leadership questions based on your resume experiences.   Answer Question

Associate Director of TA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

The Process took 4 months and required three rounds meeting twelve to fifteen people and a total 12 hours of interviewing plus the development of a 30-60-90-120 day plan before the 2nd round. There tend to be long gaps between each step. Lunch is provide but time to eat it is not given must interview with lunch.

Interview Questions

• How would you attract the best of best to Ironwood knowing we pay below the 50% percentile in the pharmaceutical industry? How would you manage, track and build a pipeline   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I met more than 12 people during my interviews, but all were pretty nice and answered my questions toward the end of each interview. The recruiter was great and kept in touch with me throughout the process and got me ready for my interviews and then gave me feedback afterward.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty straight forward, just be prepared to go into quite a bit of detail with some interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a little more in my base and they agreed to it.

Clinical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (Newark, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

4 hours, 12 managers 1 hour change room . one on one 2 separate times and a first phone screen . Several phone screens. The main part of the processing was all in one day

Negotiation

They're wasn't any

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of a great 30 minute phone session followed by onsite meetings of 30-45 minutes with many different people. Some questions were challenging but mostly the interviews were discussions. Gave me a good chance to really see the company from many different departments' perspectives. I really liked the people, their energy and how proud they were to be at Ironwood.

Interview Questions

• A few questions were outside of my area of expertise, but that was fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary screened in the first call to be sure I wasn't going to be way outside of their range, then my future manager talked it through with me so it was something I'd be happy with.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, site interview with hiring manager and others in department. Also gave presentation

Interview Questions

Decided the job wasn't exciting enough

Development Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. Long on-site interview, meeting with 8-10 different people which includes a 1 hour presentation. Interview was more geared towards technical skills, past experience, etc...no behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• provide a list of deliverables that you were required to accomplish, how did you go about completing those deliverables and describe the process.   Answer Question