Irving Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Irving Independent School District

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Irving Independent School District (Irving, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a last minute opening at an elementary school for a kindergarten position and I was one of 8 candidates interviewed. The positive environment and substantial interview for the position created a positive experience. I didn't have but only one year of student teaching listed as experience so I understand why I wasn't offered the job with the pool of candidates.

Interview Questions

• If we gave you this Coke bottle, could you give us a sample lesson that you would teach using the bottle?   1 Answer

Guest Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irving Independent School District.

Interview

There was not an interview process. You completed your application and did a background check. If you met all requirements and passed background check, then you are hired. You can use your years of subbing as credits for student teaching when it's time to get your certification.

Campus Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Irving Independent School District (Irving, TX).

Interview

Called me to take this IT Questions Test. Then called in to have a group interview. Got phone call later about offer. Made me pay $35 to take an Education Aide Certification (district refused to reimburse this).

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses, strengths? Experience description   Answer Question

Guest Educator/Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irving Independent School District (Irving, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, completed background check, fingerprinting, online training classes, and an orientation. The total process took about 2 weeks, that was mainly because of the dates of orientation and the time it took to get an appointment for fingerprinting, usually the background check takes the least amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have 60 hours of college credit?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Irving Independent School District.

Interview

I interviewed with the Assistant Principal at that time, Mr. James Peugh. The school had already interviewed me by phone and contacted my references, so the interview may have been more of a formality. He was really friendly. The meeting was less of an interview and more of a "here's how your first year of teaching will go" sort of conversation. I did a lot more listening than I did talking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation for this position.

Bilingual Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Irving Independent School District (Irving, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

My interview at my first campus consisted of a 2 hour interview with the principal followed by a tour of the school. After a few years I transferred to another campus, that interview was a 45 minute interview with an eight member hiring committee consisting of the principal, teachers, counselor, and an academic specialist.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Irving Independent School District (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Nearly impossible to get an interview. You have to set it up the employees there are incredibly rude to visitors. The process took forever to get an interview or a reply and then after I received the job it would cost an extreme amount of money to pay for your own background check that they company asked for. Then it took an additional week just to get the background check and to get your credentials

Bilingual Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Irving Independent School District in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed at a job fair. Initiated by an introduction from the office manager at the teacher certification school I went to with a principal she knew. Personal introduction was crucial to getting the interview as I skipped ahead of the rest of the applicants due to the introduction. I interviewed on the spot with the principal, and was questioned briefly by both assistant principals. I was immediately told I got the job. Took 2 months to get the contract signed at the admin office, but communication with the principal was regular. Advice to getting hired is know someone, without an in you are just one of hundreds of faceless applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe an engaging lesson you would create and implement, and how would you incorporate higher level critical thinking in the lesson activities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. All salaries posted on website.