Isilon, A Division of EMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Isilon, A Division of EMC Interview Questions

3.1

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Isilon, A Division of EMC (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

-Referred by friend in the company.
    -Contacted by recruiter after about a week.
    -Setup tech screen phone call with hiring manager about a week after that.
    -After initial call, hiring manager emailed a second 'do at home' programming assignment to be sent back the following day.
    -In-person interview set up about a week after that.
    -Typical all day interview process with whiteboard programming questions.

Interview Questions

• Compute Nth Fibonacci number.
      Given tree data structure, print each level as a row.
      Given data from stock's trade during day, compute what would have been the best trade of the day.
      Create a circular buffer of size N, program reads and writes.
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Isilon, A Division of EMC (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, recruiter contacted me and set up an initial phone screen with hiring manager. Phone screen based on designing architectural designing question. As a recent grad I am not good at designing questions. needs more practice.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Isilon, A Division of EMC (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

In Dec of last year, one HR contact me for position of Isilon department. 30 days later, they told me to schedule one phone screen. then I interviewed in January with the Isilon department of EMC. the phone screen is just about experience of projects, followed with one easy coding problem on HackerRank. I thought my performance was good. But after one week, I contact the interviewer and HR for feedback. Both of them did not give any response. It's an very negative experience. waiting, waiting, waiting and lose patience.

Interview Questions

• project and some question about operating system, file system.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Isilon, A Division of EMC (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process started with a chat with the hiring manager. It was all about previous work experience. It was then followed by a technical phone screen. Phone screen touched upon very basic coding questions, nothing too hard. Then came the onsite loop. It consisted of 4 technical rounds and a lunch interview. Lunch was informal and more a chance for the candidate to relax and ask questions. The technical rounds were pretty easy. Nothing too challenging. It was a decent mix of coding and systems questions. It all took 2-3 weeks.

They promised to get back in 3-4 days after the interview, which they didn't. After pinging the recruiter I got to know that the interviews went well, but waiting on paperwork stuff. It has been over 2 months and no offer/rejection yet. I would at least expect a response, as a courtesy. I found it highly unprofessional of them to just keep quiet. It felt like an utter and complete waste of my time. I would stay away from this company in the future.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very simple, touching on basic coding and systems.   Answer Question

Human Resources Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Isilon, A Division of EMC.

Interview

I had a very poor experience interviewing with Isilon. The recruiter reached out to me directly on LinkedIn for a particular position. I agreed to chat with him for a 30-45 minute phone interview. At the end of the interview he told me he thought I would be a great fit for the role and he would set up another interview with myself and the hiring manager. After a couple of days I followed up with the recruiter but he went completely radio silent. I never heard anything again. Needless to say I have a very poor impression of this company and especially their recruiting department.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Isilon, A Division of EMC in October 2014.

Interview

I gave them my resume at a Career Fair and they called a few hours later to set up a 3 hour on campus interview the next day. The interviews went pretty smoothly. The questions were very basic coding and conceptual questions. They called me two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were actually easy to figure out. Maybe study up on data structures to optimize your code, but they were helpful and gave hints. One was: given an array of integers of size n, create a new array of the elements that had no duplicates in the original array.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Isilon, A Division of EMC in September 2014.

Interview

I came across Isilon at a campus career fair. The representatives were very friendly. I got an on campus interview with 2 reps who mainly asked questions about my thought process; there were very few if any questions involving code itself. I was asked a hypothetical question about what I would do if the sound stopped playing through my headphones while listening to the pandora app on my phone.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most important aspects of code and rank them in order of importance.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Isilon, A Division of EMC (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Met at an on campus career fair, scheduled an interview for the next day consisting of:
    3 Separate interviewers
    1 technical question each

For preparation, go over data-structures (BST, Caches), basic search algorithms, and threading knowledge (mutex, semaphores)

Interview Questions

• Implement a Least Recently Used (LRU) cache, using am array.   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Isilon, A Division of EMC (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Age and gender discrimination so horrifically blatant I had to recommend the interviewer stop talking and call in HR because he was breaking the law. I think this precipitated in HR putting everyone through interview training. (duh).

Of course they offered me a job and I regretfully took it. Turns out that person became one of my favorite people there. People need training to get past ignorance.

Interview Questions

• More of a comment that the guys would not be comfortable working with someone like me. That was difficult. The guy who was supposed to test my knowledge seemed to be playing with me, as he asked me a lot of questions way out of the range of the job description. It seemed more like a personality test to see how I would deal with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Isilon, A Division of EMC.

Interview

It was easy related to my experience. there were 4 interview. Interview was done in one day and next day they replied me with result. Very friendly atmosphere. not much to say..............