Isis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Isis Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I applied online, and the entire process took one month. I was interviewed by one of the project mentor by phone and got questions mainly from my resume, i.e. what type of research I have worked on, etc. We also discussed the summer project and how to accomplish it. The interview lasts for 30min and was very enjoyable.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals in March 2016.

Interview

Applied via recruiter. Had phone interview. It went smooth with good feedback. was asked some technical questions. was also asked if I have some target in mind to work on, which was completely unexpected.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was very impressed with the people I interviewed with and was so hoping to work in such a positive, wonderful environment. I will continue to try for other positions within the company!

Interview Questions

• Very many questions about my ability to format and review publications, which I did at Ucsd for a professor there   Answer Question

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online - Looked up job through indeed.com and applied directly through ISIS Pharma website. The process took 1 month. There was a phone interview with the hiring manager - where he asked how motivated I was, why did I chose ISIS pharma, how did I chose to do a PhD and little bit about other research experiences. Most important was my experience in animal handling.

Within a week I was selected for onsite interview. I met with 10 people and gave a presentation on my PhD research. After a week I was intimated of the offer.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable was I handling mice ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I applied online for a position, and I thought the position had been filled because it was a long time before the hiring manager contacted me. The phone interview was conversational, and the flow was easy going. The hiring manager tried to convince me how the position and the company were great. I went to an on-site interview. The meeting is mostly one-on-one interviews for 30 minute slots except for lunch which was with two people and casual. The one-on-one interviews struck me as being inefficient because everyone asked the same questions over and over. A panel interview might save time and allow everyone to hear your answers to their shared concerns. There were no substantive questions that really tested my technical abilities--just mostly questions on my prior experience. I really do not know how anyone can be chosen through this interview process since it relied mostly on how well you understood the paperwork needed at their company which is subjective to their interpretation of regulation. The interviewing process felt more like a position for clinical trials.

Interview Questions

• Despite having taken courses and having experience with GMP/GLP, people asked me about it. I responded that I had experience and anything different from what I knew, I could learn. Mostly, I think I was not familiar with all the paperwork. The interviewers probably had a disregard for my R&D background which worked in contrast to their production environment.   1 Answer

Senior SAS Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

on site with six people. Not hard. one needs to get there on time. One needs to be well dressed. One needs to be focused so as to answer questions calmly and correctly. One needs to show respect to people who do the interviews. It would be nice to write a diary about the interviews immediately after so as to remember the important people with their important questions. This is a good way to learn.

Interview Questions

• Technical SAS questions with a written one as well   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Very good people, 30 minute phone interview, asked some basic biology and skills questions (PCR, Gel electrophoresis) and asked if I was interested in working with animals

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem with animal research?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it offer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was asked to interview with 10 people , half an hour each, gave a talk and people asked me lots of difficult questions about my research. I met with team and hiring manager and went for lunch with the group.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready for a very intense environment?   1 Answer