Isobar Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Isobar (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied, a few days later I had a phone interview with a recruiter from the Chicago office, and a few days after that I interviewed at the NYC office. The actual interview went really well, although I found the hiring manager to be a bit cold and unwelcoming. The part about the process that really bothered me, was that she never got back to me about my thank you note / never told me that I didn't get the job. She instead went through a recruiter that had been helping me with the role. After the hour plus that I spent in the office, the least you could do is to tell me that I didn't get the job myself. Minus this one hiring manger though, everyone in the office seemed lovely.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to Isobar that others would not? Tell me about a time that you could have been more organized. And other pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Isobar (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me after I had sent in my portfolio and resume. I talked with him on the phone for 10 minutes or so then he emailed me later to bring me in for an in person interview. I came in talked to 3 different Creative/Art Directors separately. They seemed unprepared and barely asked me any questions beyond asking me to present some projects from my portfolio.

Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Isobar (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through university. First in person interview followed by a telephonic interview. All the interviews were based upon my knowledge and experience. Interviewers were quite nice, they make you feel comfortable. Questions asked during the interview were based upon my current knowledge and expereince. Some of the questions required out of the box thinking. But pretty straightforward interview. It was a good process

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Isobar (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

First made contact during an on-campus career fair, was then contacted by HR months later and went in for an in-person interview.

First met with my HR contact, then two other designers who currently worked for the company. One was very nice but the interview was very short, he didn't really have much to say or ask me about. The second designer didn't smile once throughout the interview and seemed very disinterested in the process. He did not make the job seem appealing and basically told me I would just be doing grunt work for the more senior designers. He also emphasized that they work long hours and often stay at the office very late, which did not appeal to me. I really heard no positive things about working at Roundarch from him, even when I asked what he liked most about working there.

Then I was taken out to lunch by some of the employees in different departments, and that was absolutely lovely. They were the exact opposite of what I had encountered in the interviews, friendly and very interested in getting to know me. Unfortunately, none of them worked in the department I was looking to work in.

Also, when I first began talking with them, I was told that I would be considered for positions in Boston, Chicago, and New York but the interview would be in New York regardless. They asked me my location preferences would be and I told them I would prefer either Boston or Chicago. However, when I went to the interview, I found out I was only being considered for a position in New York, which was very disappointing and made me lose interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, it was more unexpected that I was barely asked any questions and felt like I had to carry the interview on my own without being asked anything.   Answer Question

Flex Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Isobar (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

They flew me out to NYC and put me up in the Eurostar Hotel on Wall Street. The interview was the next day and it was two one-on-one interviews followed by lunch, then a Q&A with some of the other candidates and a VP. The interview went over some basic CS concepts (polymorphism, etc) then went into Flex specifics - binding, process flow, the 'elastic racetrack'. I'm self-taught through experience so I hadn't known some of answers and actually came out of it knowing more than I went in. It was a very relaxed atmosphere throughout though.

Interview Questions

• Describe the rendering process and event cycle.   1 Answer

User Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Isobar (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I had previously worked as contractor with Roundarch, therefore the interviewing process was easier for me than for most new people looking to come into the company. Overall, they were very thorough and prompt in providing an initial offer, and responding to my counter offer. They were by far the provided the most professional and detailed employment package. The people who work there are extremely focuses, professional and overall dedicated group of brilliant individuals.

Negotiation

Very professional with the negotiations. They were prompt in coming back with an offer, and flexible with start dates.