It's Just Lunch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

It's Just Lunch Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2017

2.5

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch.

Interview

2 Phone interviews.

To be honest, it is a total waste of time. No professionalism. They tell you they will get back to you, and they never do. They don't even send an email to let you know what is going on with the process. You email them, and they take days to answer or won't even answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for us, tell me about your sales background, what motivates you   Answer Question

CUSTOMER SERVICE/DATING COORDINATOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hallandale Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Hallandale Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter for an interview. I go to the interview the following week they tell me to fill out an application and they did not tell me it was a group interview. So they then tell us we need to take a basic test that has nothing to do with the job then after that they say we are gonna watch a video on the company. 5 minutes later he comes back with a clipboard and calls me and 2 other people out of the room and leave one person in there. He then tells us to contact the recruiter for the next step. So I ask how did I do on the test he stated he didn't know he didn't grade them........ so why am I be called out the room if you didn't look at them.

Interview Questions

• None there wasn't an interview. Just me and 3 other in a room taking a test and watching a video.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter calls and interviews you. Then the second step is a phone interview with company recruiter. Then the third part is in person interview with local branch manager. The fourth step is a Phone Role Play. They provide the script so if you have done sales before it is very easy.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, what motivates you, where do you see yourself 5 years from now...etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter. Went through a telephone interview, then a face-to-face with a sales manager. Finally a mock-call with Melissa Brown, the CEO of IJL ,

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very warm and these are all franchised so there are some great owners and some not so great owners. Most of the owners I have interacted with were very warm and attentive

Interview Questions

• The usual : why do you think you would be a good fit for this job, what was a situation that was challenging and you found a resolution to it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 2 phone interviews, one in person interview, then received a job offer. It was very easy and straight forward and easy to understand if this was going to be a good fit for you or not.

Interview Questions

• role playing pitching membership   1 Answer

Inside Sales/Matchmaker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter who was very nice and responsive from day one...until I guess they decided not to hire me. I had a phone interview and 2 in person interviews, followed by being asked to write an essay explaining why I would be the best candidate for the position. I thought this was strange because I've never been ask to do something like that so late in the process and thought it was pretty much the same thing as a cover letter. It also seemed very redundant, thinking.... 'isn't this why you interviewed me?' After I submitted the essay, I was told they would be calling my references that day. After a few days and references not contacted, I called and emailed IJL a couple times to get an update. I did get an email telling me they are still in the midst of making a decision and to expect to hear back within the week. I have since never been contacted. Overall, IJL never did end up contacting my references after I had informed them to expect a call. My references are very busy professionals so to prep them for the call, and then never contacted, makes me and the company look bad. I think it is extremely unprofessional to require an applicant to commit to several time consuming steps in their process, never to receive a response or follow up communication on their decision one way or another. If this is any indication of how employees are treated, I think I dodged a bullet.

Client Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview with their HR person at headquarters in MN. I was then was brought in for an in-person interview in the DC office with two separate managers in the office. Everyone I talked to was very nice and personable and made the position sound like a lot of fun. After the in-person interview I followed up with someone in the DC office and the HR person in MN and received no response about getting or not getting the job.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

It was easy and nice staff.They do a role play to see how well you are over the phone.Everyone seemed really nice and sounds like a pleasant place to work and also fun environment.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with their Recruiting Manager, followed by a first and then second interview. At first I was excited about the opportunity and felt my skill set was a great match for the position - as did they since I was offered the position. The salary they offered was half then what was in the job posting and they tried to explain that they had decided to hire two people and not one. Very unprofessional and unethical. Beware!

Interview Questions

We were so far apart on compensation. The pay listed in their job description was double compared to what they offered me which was borderline insulting. They tried to explain they decided to restructure the position into two roles, I lacked education even though I was told I was a great fit, etc. They were just trying to see what they could get away with while promising "growth opportunities." Completely unethical and unprofessional.