It's Just Lunch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.5

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very warm and these are all franchised so there are some great owners and some not so great owners. Most of the owners I have interacted with were very warm and attentive

Interview Questions

• The usual : why do you think you would be a good fit for this job, what was a situation that was challenging and you found a resolution to it?   Answer Question

Dating Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 2 phone interviews, one in person interview, then received a job offer. It was very easy and straight forward and easy to understand if this was going to be a good fit for you or not.

Interview Questions

• role playing pitching membership   1 Answer

Inside Sales/Matchmaker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter who was very nice and responsive from day one...until I guess they decided not to hire me. I had a phone interview and 2 in person interviews, followed by being asked to write an essay explaining why I would be the best candidate for the position. I thought this was strange because I've never been ask to do something like that so late in the process and thought it was pretty much the same thing as a cover letter. It also seemed very redundant, thinking.... 'isn't this why you interviewed me?' After I submitted the essay, I was told they would be calling my references that day. After a few days and references not contacted, I called and emailed IJL a couple times to get an update. I did get an email telling me they are still in the midst of making a decision and to expect to hear back within the week. I have since never been contacted. Overall, IJL never did end up contacting my references after I had informed them to expect a call. My references are very busy professionals so to prep them for the call, and then never contacted, makes me and the company look bad. I think it is extremely unprofessional to require an applicant to commit to several time consuming steps in their process, never to receive a response or follow up communication on their decision one way or another. If this is any indication of how employees are treated, I think I dodged a bullet.

Client Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview with their HR person at headquarters in MN. I was then was brought in for an in-person interview in the DC office with two separate managers in the office. Everyone I talked to was very nice and personable and made the position sound like a lot of fun. After the in-person interview I followed up with someone in the DC office and the HR person in MN and received no response about getting or not getting the job.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

It was easy and nice staff.They do a role play to see how well you are over the phone.Everyone seemed really nice and sounds like a pleasant place to work and also fun environment.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with their Recruiting Manager, followed by a first and then second interview. At first I was excited about the opportunity and felt my skill set was a great match for the position - as did they since I was offered the position. The salary they offered was half then what was in the job posting and they tried to explain that they had decided to hire two people and not one. Very unprofessional and unethical. Beware!

Interview Questions

We were so far apart on compensation. The pay listed in their job description was double compared to what they offered me which was borderline insulting. They tried to explain they decided to restructure the position into two roles, I lacked education even though I was told I was a great fit, etc. They were just trying to see what they could get away with while promising "growth opportunities." Completely unethical and unprofessional.

Dating Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Baltimore, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and I liked the experience. I was contacted from a third party recruiting company first. I spoke with him and he asked about my experience in sales and if I had phone sales experience. He said that I would be called the next day by a manager and screened for my tone and confidence as well as my experience. The third interview was a role play with one of the managers which I thought was great. They seem to go the extra mile in the interview process to ensure good candidates for the training process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my experience was and if I was a closer   1 Answer

Dialing Old Leads Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was quick. I was just annoyed with the fact that after every step, I had to call back another recruiter to "tell them how it went". that was annoying. They used an outside recruiter i believe.

Interview Questions

• Just typical sales questions   1 Answer

Inside Sales/Matchmaker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Cleveland, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

It was quick and awkward. The person who called seemed like she did not want to do the phone screen at all. She was very monotone and make the interview not good.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a job that you worked under a sales quota?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative/Dating Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at It's Just Lunch (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview before moving on to two additional levels for compatibility and final interview. Be prepared for standard hiring questions by the initial recruiter. Recommendation: be personable/affable, but concise and direct to point/question.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, e.g., What is you strength? What is your weakness? Describe your most rewarding sales success?   Answer Question