Itron Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Itron Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Itron (Jackson, MS) in March 2012.

Interview

Hiring and interview took the form of phone, 1:1, plane flight for group interview, phone interview with senior director and CTO engineering, focus at time of my interview was high scalability for databases and infrastructure and software, best practices for team work and testing and working with QA. Problem solving interview to demonstrate scalability implementation experience.

Interview Questions

• Database scalability, infrastructure scalability, software scalability, linux network programming, Java NIO.2 programming   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation was one way - no compromise - take it or leave it

Other Interview Reviews for Itron

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Itron (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Process took 1week , hr round then two technical round first feedback was not good on second round , but panel is cooperative despite my LYF phone and reliance network sucks they bear with it in patience and took interview although too many times I asked then to repeat due to poor network...

Interview Questions

• What QTAgent42, difference between abstract and interface   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Itron in August 2011.

Interview

A recruiter for the company found me via LinkedIn, and sent me a message about the available software position. Within a few days I had a phone interview lined up, and shortly thereafter an on-site interview. On-site, I was interviewed by 5-6 different people from various departments. One was an HR interview that consisted of job history, general questions about how I work and fit into a group, and compensation requirements. Another was with the manager of the department I'd be working with, which was also non-technical but more related to how I viewed teamwork and what my qualifications for the position were. The others were all technical interviews dealing with programming topics, both in general terms and specific to my role. The questions were very fair, covering the topic without being so tricky and narrow that nobody could get them right. They seemed to respect my experience and all the questions were appropriate to the job I'd be doing.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the principles of object-oriented programming   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, as it was close enough to my original request.