Ittti Japan English Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ittti Japan

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ittti Japan (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I sent in an application and was arranged to have a phone interview. The interview called me and asked me a couple of questions on the phone, and even tested my Japanese fluency. After that, I received a forward up e-mail saying they wanted to conduct an in-person interview at their L.A. office which was scheduled a month later. In the office I did a live demo on teaching English in Japan and I was shown a quick video of their company. I was then informed about experiences living in Japan. I was offered the job I believe 1 month later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any Teaching experience or have you worked with children before?
    Did I understand basic Japanese?
    Did I have a certain preference on where to live in Japan?
    How would I handle child safety?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ittti Japan

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ittti Japan in November 2016.

Interview

The company made arrangements for me to be able to interview at the location of my choice, which was very helpful and gave me the chance to not have to travel very far.
    The interview process was smooth and the interviewer made me feel comfortable.
    A lot of information about the company was given.

Interview Questions

• The interviewee must perform a demo-lesson which includes a song that the interviewee has to teach to the "students".   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ittti Japan (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Went through a recruiter in the Toronto area, was very professional and gave me confidence the whole way through. Was not a very difficult interview, as I had previous experience teaching English, which I think served me very well. Corresponded via e-mail initially, then had a phone interview, then went through a take-home questionnaire that I submitted, then had a group interview/acceptance meeting to finalize everything.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just questions about how to deal with classroom specific scenarios, though I did the question through a take-home questionnaire rather than an on-the-spot e-mail.   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagoya, Aichi (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ittti Japan (Nagoya, Aichi (Japan)) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online and sent resume. Got call after 2 weeks for an interview. Interview was about why I wanted to work in Japan. A small test was given to check English ability. After interview, was told to wait for next call. Got called and said I was hired and just needed to do paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Teaching methods you would use to teach younger children   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ittti Japan in January 2010.

Interview

They email/calleyou in for a interview. You are asked questions about what to do in certain scenarios. Then you are shown a video.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They pay a set salary to all teachers.

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagoya, Aichi (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ittti Japan (Nagoya, Aichi (Japan)) in September 2009.

Interview

I submitted my application, resume and cover letter and got contacted shortly. I was asked to come in for a one on one interview. The interview questions were fairly basic, strength and weakness etc. The interviewer also asked me if I was the type of person to get lonely and if I get homesick. Of course I said I don't get lonely or homesick. They don't like people who get homesick as they are more likely to go back to their home country before the contract expires.

After the basic questions, there were behavioural questions, such as "If a kid runs out of the classroom, how would you react?" and "A kid is disruptive in the classroom and refuses to join in the lesson. How would you get the kid to participate?"

After that, I was given a few animal flashcards and was told to pretend the interviewer was a kid. Then I was asked to demonstrate teaching those animal vocabulary cards to him.

A day later, I got a call that I got the job and was mailed a package about the company and how to apply for a Visa and Certificate of Eligibility and I also had to get a criminal check at the local police station.

After 4 months, everything was ready and I left for Japan.

Interview Questions

• If a kid runs out the door, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can't negotiate the salary but you are able to specify your top 3 locations that you want to teach in Japan. You can also say that you prefer to work in a city or countryside.