Ivie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ivie

2.4

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ivie (Bentonville, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn and received a phone call within a few days to set up a phone interview first. I was told by HR that the interview process would most likely be one phone interview and two in person interviews and they would let me know after the final whether I was getting an offer, or if I was not the right fit for the job. I made it to my first in person interview and immediately following was called and told that I was the perfect fit for the position and they would be giving me a job offer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• What kind of editing experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to follow a list of standards and compare/contrast information to it efficiently?   Answer Question
    • What are your core beliefs in a company atmosphere?   Answer Question
    • What do you excel in when it comes to computers? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ivie (Bentonville, AR) in June 2012.

Interview

My hiring process spanned 8 weeks. Ivie can't hire anyone until the client approves the position. They are a staffing agency, not a marketing company. They string you along until they get a contract from the client.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult. They are basically making sure you are literate and moderately educated. The hiring managers are not very engaged in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ivie rarely negotiates. Nor do they perform drug tests, background checks, or previous employment verifications. Perfect for those with a less than ideal background. Rule #1: get what you want at the beginning. Raises are rare and modest. The annual bonus is 3% of base salary so you might hold off on buying that ski boat.

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ivie (Bentonville, AR) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a pretty basic face to face interview. They didn't ask difficult questions and seemed to want to know if you were personable and presentable to Walmart Corporate. They asked a few questions about my qualifications and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ivie (Flower Mound, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with a recruiter screen and then went onto a 3 panel interview with managers. Last interview panel consisted of the entire team I would be working with. The entire process took awhile, but HR was great with keeping me updated.

Interview Questions

• Was described a business case with details and was asked to come back with technical solution documents.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ivie (Bentonville, AR) in October 2013.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. 2 art directors and an HR person was present. Prior to the interview I had received information that the design staff was being very overworked. During the interview I asked a question about how many hours they worked on average. The response back was that you could expect to work 10 pm or later every day for 1 week per month. After the interview one of the people interviewing me pulled me aside in the elevator and emphasized to me that they work a lot. From this i took the message as run for the hills.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to Ivie?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ivie in January 2015.

Interview

Had a short screening call with very basic questions, followed by an emailed questionnaire about a week later. Was then invited to an in-person interview, which was very relaxed and fairly easy. No questions that made me sweat too much. I asked the majority of the questions. Was offered the job 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Attempted to but they denied the request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ivie (Portland, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

I had both a phone and in-person interview.
    I felt in the Portland, Oregon location they really want a Production Artist.
    The job description was deceiving as you would not be designing corporate collateral at all.
    What you would do is production work for Albertsons store circulars. Not what a creative is wanting to design.

Interview Questions

• Have you done any catalogs? Any projects that are boring?   1 Answer

Like I said I enjoy a variety of creative projects and this position did not offer that.

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ivie (Fullerton, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

1 phone call with basic questions. 2 face to face interviews with standard questions. Nothing hard. No test.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any "hard" questions. It was a very relaxed process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent me a generous offer and I accepted.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ivie (Elk Grove, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I spoke to some people in Boise, heard from someone in Tx with some short-answer questions about me, my approach to work, etc. -- amid all this flowery talk about how lovely and wonderful and professional Ivie is -- and nobody ever bothered to get back to me. I think we know the disappearing act is too common, but for these folks to do it after their heaping piles of talk about how honorable and great they are, it cast them in an ugly-two-faced light.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience writing content of one sort or another for restaurants or grocery stores.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flowermound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ivie (Flowermound, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a good experience but it took a long time to get an offer. I learned a lot about the company and the position. It took 3 weeks before I received and offer.