Ivie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ivie

2.4

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ivie (Flower Mound, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I had a very productive phone interview-short enough, long enough, great information, great questions. It took about a week for them to get back with me about the position, which is half the time any other company has taken in my experience. Overall, the process was quick, painless and I learned a lot about the company that helped when I started.

Interview Questions

• I was a little taken back when they asked me where I wanted to see Ivie in 5 years. I knew nothing about the company by that point in the call, and I was afraid they would already have what I said; but she nudged me into the right mindset and it was cool to brainstorm with her before I even got there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not do much negotiating-it was my first interview ever. If you find an opportunity to negotiate, even if youre a newbie, take it. If they don't give in, you know their resolve, If they do, you'll know how much they are willing to work with you.

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ivie (Addison, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later I was contacted by HR. The next day we had a phone interview. A couple days later she called to set up an in person interview with the hiring manager. Went in to the office a couple days after that for the in person interview. Mr. Baldwin was very nice and accommodating. I completed a skills test on site and spoke with him and another employee in the dept. A week later he followed up on the position with me even though I was not selected which was nice since many places just ignore you if they dont make you an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the job/ why are you a fit/ tell me about your experience/ standard questions   1 Answer

Content Creator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ivie (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward conversation with a couple people. The interview went pretty well, but my experience was a little thin with a couple of the requirements so I felt like a dark-horse candidate.

After the phone interview I got this thing from HR that waxed eloquent about their values and general loveliness and had several short-answer questions about my approach to work and life. Each answer took 2-5 sentences to address (with thought and care) so that was upwards of 75 minutes to get it polished and tight.

I wasn't upset or shocked that they didn't choose to go forward with me, but after all the talk about how they're soooooooooo professional, they treat people with consideration, etc., I was unimpressed by the fact that nobody dashed off an email to let me know about their decision.

The relevant people did well if they sought to come across as irresponsible, lazy and two-faced.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to walk them through my experience   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ivie.

Interview

Discussed background, info and the overall role and what the goals are. Discussed insurance and coverage and annual reviews, where I wanted my career path to go in a year or 2.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that I don't care if you have a Masters Degree you cant ask for more money.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ivie (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and about 1-2 weeks later, received a screening call and was then asked for an in-person interview with the on-site client. I had a 1-on-1 with the Marketing Manager, then another 1-on-1 with the Director of Marketing. Pretty friendly people and relatively easy questions were asked. Received an offer about a week later from HR Manager. After asking about half a dozen questions via email, the HR Manager only responded to two questions, which raised a red flag for me. But they did agree to my offer of increase in salary, which was very generous. In the end, the cons outweighed the pros for me and I declined the offer.

Print Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ivie.

Interview

Informal, 2 back to back 1:1 interviews

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your strengths and weaknesses to be?   Answer Question

Broadcast Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ivie (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process took about a week and a half. I was interviewed by the HR rep via phone and then interviewed at the office. Both interviews were painless, explain why you would be a good fit here etc. They explained the job thoroughly and gave me a good idea about what I would be doing.

Broadcast Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ivie (Flower Mound, TX).

Interview

I found the job online and filled out an application. I was then contacted by the HR department via e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was just like any other phone interview, at the end I was asked to set up a face-to-face interview with the supervisor I'd be working for. This interview was just average, explained benefits, the position, salary, etc. At the end I asked what would be the next step- being assertive. Stated they weren't sure when they would be hiring for the position, but they would keep me posted. I sent a follow-up and didn't hear anything back for two weeks. So I e-mailed the HR lady, she stated I was a top candidate and they aren't sure when they would be hiring but they'd let me know in a couple weeks. I e-mailed a couple weeks later both the HR lady and the supervisor- I heard nothing from either of them. It would have been great just to receive a template saying "sorry." It was just very disappointing.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ivie (Flower Mound, TX).

Interview

You can get questions from HR but I generally use my own. Technical positions ask technical questions and customer facing position look to gain an understanding of how you may interact with a client.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when... you encountered a tough situation, accomplished the impossible, etc.   1 Answer
    • What was the hardest part about your previous job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me what you didn't like about your previous role and how you would improve it.   1 Answer

Advertising Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ivie (Eden Prairie, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

After submitting my online application, I received a call from the interview scheduler who set up the interview about three weeks out. The date was flexible as I had several options to chose from. The interviewer was professional yet personal and friendly. It was very informative and allowed time to answer my questions. It wasn't just one-sided. I wasn't offered a job right away, I am waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years from now?   1 Answer

Ivie Response

Apr 17, 2017 – HR Recruiter

We appreciate your thoughts and feedback! Thank you!

See What Ivie Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Withheld in Bentonville, AR

Pros: “I’ve worked for Ivie in multiple roles and with multiple teams in Bentonville, and the experience/job satisfaction varies pretty widely not only by team, but also by client, by work...”“I’ve worked for Ivie in multiple roles and with multiple teams in Bentonville, and the experience/job satisfaction varies pretty widely not only by team, but also by client, by work location (onsite with a client vs. at the Ivie office), by time of year (holiday surge) and just by individual perspective. The positives that are consistent across all of these are that Ivie is a company with (1) tremendous integrity, (2) a passion for service, a (3) commitment to treat others (internally and externally) with respect, and a (4) desire to always solve for the client. I didn’t fully understand healthy company culture until I worked for Ivie, and I’d go so far as to say that Ivie is vigilant in its culture initiative. It really is the #1 driving for my staying with Ivie the past several years. Secondly, the people are top notch. There’s a trickle-down effect from the Ivie family in Flower Mound, which extends out to all of the various client-accounts across the country. Locally, Ivie really does try to hire associates who are service-minded, respectful, full of character, and a solid culture-fit. You can see and feel this immediately upon hire. Even though your teammates and leaders are busy, they are welcoming, supportive, and genuinely want to see you succeed. You just won’t find a less competitive and cut-throat working environment— and that’s something to say in Bentonville! :) Other positive mentions: • Generous paid time off from the get-go • A focus on wellness (including gym reimbursement) • “Ivie Cares” days allowing for paid time off in the charitable service of your choice • Cost of living increases and holiday bonuses • Mentoring opportunities and genuine, caring leadership • Impressive client roster – looks great on a resume! • Team camaraderie • Management consistently recognizes (publicly) and rewards (privately) top performers” – Full Review