Ixia Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ixia (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

There was an initial phone call, after which I was invited for on-site interviews. The interviewers were very professional and the interview process went very well.

I was offered a position verbally, and I was told the salary and company bonus. My overall experience had been positive, and I was looking forward to accepting and to working for the company. However, over a week after the verbal offer, the written offer came in with a different (lower) job title and a lower bonus than the verbal offer. I was very surprised and brought the discrepancy to the attention of the hiring manager. HR called me and said they were working on smoothing out the kinks in the process, and promised to call me back within a day or two. Almost four days went by before I heard from them, this time from the recruiter. The recruiter informed me the offer had been rescinded!

Needless to say this is not only highly unusual, it is extremely unprofessional. Whatever the reasons for the change, it bodes very poorly on the reputation of any company, let alone a public company.

I would advise any candidate to stay away from Marketing roles at ixia. My sense is some very serious changes need to take place, and it's pretty obvious the Marketing leadership doesn't have it together.

I hope noone else has the negative experience I had with ixia.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about cyber-security, and had to provide a scenario/narrative around it.   Answer Question

Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ixia (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Excellent interview process - HR was very organized and well coordinated. I was kept well informed and in the loop. Met with some very bright people and had interesting discussions around real world demand gen, web and marketing automation challenges. Unlike some environments where interviews are adversarial, this was a very collaborative, non-confrontational situation where the focus was on some challenges and how we would be able as a team to work together to overcome those challenges.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of various marketing automation packages like Hubspot and Marketo and how would you compare and contrast them?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ixia (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with manager and they reviewed my resume and checked references. The process of implementing a contractor seemed to take a while, but the interview itself was easy.Because i was a contractor and it was for a short time position the review may not have been as difficult.