J. Alexander's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at J. Alexander's

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Alexander's (Birmingham, AL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 coaches, one being the GM, both were friendly and engaging. They asked typical questions about previous experience and also why I was interested in J. Alexander's/Redlands Grill. I probably had more questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked as a server before?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Alexander's (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

There are 2 interviews that last less than 5 minutes. The first interview was barely 2 minutes long and she only asked about work experience. The second interview was with the GM and that too was very brief.

Server Interview

Interview

Initial interview with assistant manager, received a call on the way home to come back for another interview with the Head Manager, got the job on the spot. Their questions were straight forward. I originally was hired as a hostess and food runner, but was promoted to server within 2 months. The training process is extensive with a lot of menu tests.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral, what do you want to do? how long will you work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Alexander's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Came in with an application, left with a job. The general manager was impressed with my skills and he asked some great questions. I was able to showcase my talents from previous positions and give him affirmation that I was skilled and experienced. Dress nicely and make a good impression with a positive attitude. Even if I had less experience, I think I would have still gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Goals, attitude, salary expectations   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. Alexander's.

Interview

Pretty short the manager sat me down and we spoke for a little I was pretty much hired on the spot. He told us about their ethics and standards and what he expected out of me as a server. He asked about my prior work experience and asked me about how could I apply that to being a server there.

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. Alexander's (Toledo, OH).

Interview

Two step interview process. One with a assistant manager & another one with the general manager. The interview was very professional. The interview was based off of your application and lasted about 30 mins. Overall went by really smoothly. I submitted my paper work in person and had my first interview on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Where have you previously worked?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Alexander's (Troy, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Standard corporate restaurant interview process. First interview with lower level management, second interview with Assistant General Manager, and third interview with General Manager. All interviews were pretty standard: reiteration of experience, "what does good service mean to you"...etc.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Alexander's.

Interview

It was very casual and laid back. The manager asked many basic or 'typical' interview questions. I never was put in an uncomfortable spot. I didn't have much job experience prior, but it seemed like it was fine. The interview was quite short, however. It lasted about five minutes and was really informal. They like to know about your time management skills and if you're personable.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Alexander's (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was compiled of three meetings with different managers. They asked you the typical questions in an interview. What do you know about the company, what can you bring for the company, and what will the company do for you?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      What can you bring for the company?
      What will the company be able to do for you?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Alexander's.

Interview

The interview process here is quick and efficient. You may be interviewed as soon as you walk in with your resume, as I was. I was told they never are officially hiring, rather they always accept candidates when they see potential. I had to pass three interviews and a test before being hired.

Interview Questions

3-4 weeks of training before you can start.