J.B. Hunt Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.B. Hunt Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at J.B. Hunt

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Louisville, KY) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone screening initially. If still interested then in-person interview. Standard interview process - asked about self, resume, skills, situational questions. Usually one to two people interviewing the candidate. If pass in-person interview, then must pass hair follicle drug test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.B. Hunt

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Transitioning from a previous company where JB Hunt was taking over our location. I was led to believe I was being considered for the position and I was told that they would "significantly improve my financial status" the offer came in at less than 2% of my base salary. Once you include some of the incentives I was receiving previously it was more like a pay cut.

Interview Questions

I felt that there was incorrect information given to me regarding expectations and I received conflicting information between the two hiring managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

Very short but productive. Everyone was very professional, and focused on what I would bring to the table. The employees were friendly and ready to talk about their organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing you would do differently in your current job ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lehigh Valley, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lehigh Valley, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Single interview with upper management. Basic questions on how you plan on stepping into the role, and plans to manage your team.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult - How will you manage your team of supervisors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, they have a pay structure in place for everyone that they normally won't bend on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Newark, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially called me via a recruiter. 30 minute phone interview then a face to face. Following the face to face I spoke with a regional VP located in Arkansas.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult driver.   1 Answer

Lack of pay. Weird corporate culture with long hours.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in September 2013.

Interview

Received a telephone call from the HR department in Arkansas. They did a quick 30 minute interview and was I was referred to the Regional Operations Manager for a sit down interview about a 3 days later. Very intelligent manager, interview was very relaxed and he explained all the little details involved with the opening.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. What is your biggest strength and your biggest weakness in a work environment?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Phone interview with direct manager, simple and direct. I was an internal candidate, but was trying to promote and relocate on behalf of the company. It was successful. Training new for the new position was somewhat light and had to learn a lot on the fly.