J.B. Hunt Interview Questions in Arkansas | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.9

Operations Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in April 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview that was 30 minutes then I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I met with the operations leadership team and then had a second interview with another employee involved with the assistants. Long process of interviewing, but was interesting and went by quickly. Really enjoyed the time I spent with the people I met and engaging in the culture briefly by observing.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing people would say they like about you and what is one thing people would say they don't like about you   Answer Question

J.B. Hunt Response

Apr 25, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

We're glad to hear that you had a great interview experience!

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and 24 days later I got my first phone call. For the first call, they asked a few questions such as "are you willing to do a drug screen?" "this is what the position entails, does that sound like something you'd like to do?" "Tell me a little about what you do now," etc. Then she scheduled a phone interview for me 2 days later, which involved similar questions. Then I was invited to an on-site interview 4 days after that. The process was overall very comfortable and inviting. I was in a big room with 2 interviewers who were both very kind and made it less intimidating. My interview was on a Thursday, and they called to offer the position the next Monday. It was a great experience.

Inter-modal Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

The job posting was hard to find because it was labeled as "Spring Intern" but it is actually a full time salary position. I was assigned a recruiter and had a phone interview with her then another phone interview with 2 mentors of the program. Soon after I had a Skype interview with 3 directors of Intermodal. About a month later they invited me to tour the corporate campus and meet with several executives. That visit was on a Friday and I got a call on the next Monday with a job offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

A lady called me and asked me briefly what I know about J.B. Hunt, and whether I would like to do a phone interview for the position. The following week I had a 30 minute phone interview. The week after that I was called and asked if I would like to come in for an in-person interview. Later that week, I had a 30 - 45 minute interview with the position's manager.

Interview Questions

• How confident in your Excel skills are you, from 1 - 10?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in December 2016.

Interview

Got contacted by the recruiter to set up a phone interview which lasted for about 30 mins and the next week I was invited for onsite Interview.
    Panel of 5 people who were extremely friendly and got an offer immediately.
    Super excited

Carrier Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in November 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter through job fair. Initial 15 minute basic interview, then followed by an hour long skype and phone interview, then a final panel interview at HQ, which also included a Q&A with Vice Presidents of Field Offices and a job shadow with current employees

Interview Questions

• Roleplay through a negotiation, explain why you chose your degree, what motivates you   Answer Question

Accepted an offer closer to home

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

Whole thing took about two months after applying and my start date.

I was having a baby when they wanted me to start and allowed me to push back my start date up to two weeks! Which was awesome.

Had to take a hair follicle drug test so be prepared for that. It'll find everything in your system from the previous 90 days.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at JB hunt.   1 Answer

Information Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR).

Interview

Multiple interviews with an intern council group as well as the group I was interviewing to join (Client Services/PC Support). Interviews were not difficult, but there were technical questions asked about PC hardware. There was a focus on knowledge of PC components by sight. Questions also pertained to customer service and teamwork.

Background Verification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR).

Interview

I had a short phone interview followed by an in-person interview. There were two interviewers and they were very nice. It was 2 women in a room with me and they had a lot of information. I got an email two weeks later saying that I did not get the position. I know there were quite a few people applying so I almost expected it.

Night/Weekend Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in May 2016.

Interview

You mainly communicate through e-mail, for dispatch they ask you for a face to face interview. If you accept, it's a matter of which conference room they have open, and from there it's the general spiel. They make some fill out a map of the continental US to test their geography skills. For dispatch, it IS a call center environment.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to accurately convert military time, can you work in different time zones, are you strong in communication, do you know the US map?   Answer Question