J.B. Hunt Dedicated Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.B. Hunt Dedicated Manager In Training Interview Questions

2.5

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview the next week. (Very easy straight forward questions) The Recruiter set me up for a in person interview the following week. This interview had a professional setting, but laid back as well. There were 2 people interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
    What are you strengths and weaknesses?
    What do you know about J.B. Hunt?
    Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.B. Hunt

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

1st interview was over the phone with a recruiter in HR, very easy interview just basic stuff. Lasted about 30 minutes. 2nd Interview was over the phone with a regional manager in the region they want to place you. This interview lasted a little over an hour, asked a lot of questions about J.B. Hunt to see what you knew, also a lot of leadership questions. Ability to relocate was a major concern as well. Scheduled a 3rd interview to be in person but canceled the interview and offered instead.

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in January 2016.

Interview

1 phone interview followed by an in-person interview at their office. 1 on 1 interview and panel. All in all it took about 2 weeks and an offer came 2 days after my interview. Very impressive company and all the employees I have met are nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about our business and the background of J.B. Hunt?
      What have you done in your past experience that would be of use to our company?
      Several hypothetical questions asking what I would do in certain situations.
      Do your research and be prepared to answer questions about experience on your resume and you'll do fine   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Very formal over the phone interview with standard questions. Management ability and experience questions were the main focus. Willingness to relocate seemed to be a big question for the candidate in order for the recruiter to proceed with in on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• If your employee refused to perform a duty or task what would you say or do to handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Greensboro, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was on campus after applying through the university's career page and the questions were behavioral the experience was great overall. The recruiter was very pleasant and the interview was very relaxed and professional.

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Fairly laid back. Look for young college graduates/military experience. Interview with a manager that you will eventually report to. No difficult questions, just want to make sure you will be willing to work whenever, for as long as they need you to.

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (York, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was sought out by a recruiter to interview who got my information off of careerbuilder. Initial contact was with HR in Arizona who set up a date to come in for initial interview with General Manager. Once the first interview was complete the next interview was with again the General Manager but also the regional manager as well. Immediately following the interview I was contacted 2-3 days later to set up hair drug test and background test. Whole process took roughly two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• How flexible would you be to working night shift?   1 Answer

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Apply online for position wanted and location wanted. I waited about 3 days before getting a call to interview. I went to interview with Account Manager and Operations Manager. Waited a few weeks and then was offered the job. Easy process.

Interview Questions

• None, all where very easy. Most spoke about previous work history   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Rialto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First I got a call from a recruiter in July for the New York area, informed her that I was moving to California and she would pass my information a long to the recruiter for that area. 1 month later I got a call from a recruiter for California area. She asked me basic questions about myself and certain questions about my current position and how it applies to position I am applying too, she asked me about a time I made a mistake, how I work under pressure, am I willing to put in a lot of hours, and then told me about the position. She said if I move on I would get a call from the area manager and have a FaceTime interview. A week later I had an interview with the area manager and he asked me the same questions and I told him a little bit about myself. About two weeks later I moved out to California and I received an email about doing a site visit at a location. I told them yes and two weeks later I visited a location. There the manager asked questions about myself, what transportation was and what I knew about the company. After my site visit they told me I had to write a two page paper about my observations. I sent in the paper and I didn't hear anything for a week. I sent a follow up email to the recruiter and she said that it has been busy, but they reviewed my paper and are looking for a closer location for me to work, instead of traveling 1 hour a day. She said she was waiting to hear back from a manager. I didn't hear anything for over a week. I sent another follow up email and didn't hear anything, I called a couple of days later and didn't hear anything. It has been over two months and I haven't heard anything. On a professional level this is a horrible experience. I would have expected at least an email or phone. It has permanently put a bad taste in my mouth about the company and how they do business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Greenville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I talked with a recruiter one on one at a career fair and handed him a resume for review. About 2 weeks later I received an email asking if I could come in for an interview for a manager trainee position the next week.

Interview was at a Final Mile Facility, in the warehouse break room. Very spartan setting, low pressure environment.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I believed my skills fit their company, since it seemed I did not have experience in the trucking/logistics world.   1 Answer