J.B. Hunt Fleet Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.B. Hunt Fleet Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.6

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone with an HR manager. The second interview was at a branch which wasn't really an interview i was just asked about my work experience. After having my second interview with the regional manager I never received a call or email back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• What are some major issues in the transportation business?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.B. Hunt

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. I first had a phone interview to introduce myself to the company and to learn more about what the position offered. After that I was offered the in person interview where I met with the hiring manager to discuss the job more in depth and to talk about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a career in operations management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Ames, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was pre selected to interview with the company, based on my resume. The interview was scheduled for about 2 weeks after the career fair. For the interview I met 3 district managers. They asked many questions about my experience and future career goals. The next step in the process is to complete a second in person interview before they will make a final decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the most difficult thing about going from a manager of a small number of female college students to a group of 50 or more drivers who have been driving between a few months and many years?   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Applied online and got an email with a series of questions. About a week later I had a phone interview which led to an in person interview at their corporate offices.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      How do you prioritize work?
      Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR asking about basic qualifications. Then an in person interview with multiple Operations Managers. After in person interviews, they contacted within the following week about job offer status. Whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you used effective communication to dissolve a situation with a coworker or employee?   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in June 2014.

Interview

Meet with director then was offered job. They usually call for HR and do a phone interview. Then a One on one. It's not a difficult interview, if you have a college degree and seem to be a doer then your in the gold.
    They also want to see if you'll work the odd hours they make you work.

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2014.

Interview

Went to a recruitment fair and talked to a regional recruitment manager. Received a request for a phone interview a two weeks later. Two weeks after that, I conducted a panel interview with two managers at their Chicago office.

Questions were easy and more focused toward personality fit and understanding of the demands of the position. Lots of “how do you manage people?” questions. I received a call 3 days after the interview with a tentative offer and received a formal offer 3 days later.

Pay is low - $48,000 with a 10% bonus if the company hits its marks. The work environment is also transportation focused. Expect night shifts, work on some holidays and 10 to 12 hour days. However, there seems to be a lot of growth and the company culture is very centered on employees starting at the bottom and rapid internal promotion if you're willing to put in the time.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a driver who refuses to work, keeping in mind the trucking industry has a very high turnover rate with a lot of opportunities for drivers at other organizations?   Answer Question

Low pay with long hours with poor benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Went to the career fair at my college and submitted my resume. I was called for a telephone interview within 1 week. I have advanced on to the inperson interview and am waiting to hear back.

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2013.

Interview

Got the interview from school website. Went there and was asked a few questions. Something like how do you solve problems and conflicts. Felt like chatting. It was my first interview, so I'm not surprised that I didn't get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Elizabeth, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position and within a few days I was contacted by a recruiter located at their headquarters in Arkansas. She asked very basic questions to gauge my interest, experience and whether or not I was articulate enough to make it to a second interview. You then are scheduled to meet with a regional manager at their office (aka double wide trailor). My experience with the manager was that he was disinterested and appeared unfit for a management position. He had clearly not read my resume, read it in front of me, and failed to ask any questions or even make eye contact. From their he tells you about benefits and salary and tells you that a corporate big wig from Arkansas will contact you with a follow up interview.

The interview with the manager in Arkansas is much more specific and intense. They ask you a number of questions regarding your experience, education and industry specific questions. My real problem with JB Hunt was the demeanor of the regional manager who would be my direct superior. Like I stated, he didn't make eye contact, seemed uneducated and failed very basic displays of professionalism (that even I, a recent college grad, knew about).

I also had a very serious problem with the events that transpired following the interview. Despite driving to the first interview in hurricane Sandy, sitting in a 3 hour gas line and taking an hour off of my lunch break for the phone interview, they refused to follow up with me despite indicating that they were seriously considering me for the position. At the time, I was being offered a job by my current employer so I needed JB Hunt's answer. I followed up several times and made it abundantly clear that I needed some form of answer just so that I could ensure I landed a job. JB Hunt never called and as my father said (who directly works with JB Hunt as an executive with a manufacturing firm), be thankful your not working for them because their behavior is an indication that they aren't very professional.

Interview Questions

• How wold you handle a truck driver who was failing to follow basic safety procedures?   Answer Question