J.B. Hunt Fleet Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone with an HR manager. The second interview was at a branch which wasn't really an interview i was just asked about my work experience. After having my second interview with the regional manager I never received a call or email back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• What are some major issues in the transportation business?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.B. Hunt

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. I first had a phone interview to introduce myself to the company and to learn more about what the position offered. After that I was offered the in person interview where I met with the hiring manager to discuss the job more in depth and to talk about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a career in operations management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Haslet, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Haslet, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Brought into a room with 3-6 interviewers and each took turns asking questions. The individuals were senior management in various divisions of JB Hunt. Each came with their own attitude, personality, and preconceived assumptions about me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Ames, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was pre selected to interview with the company, based on my resume. The interview was scheduled for about 2 weeks after the career fair. For the interview I met 3 district managers. They asked many questions about my experience and future career goals. The next step in the process is to complete a second in person interview before they will make a final decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the most difficult thing about going from a manager of a small number of female college students to a group of 50 or more drivers who have been driving between a few months and many years?   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Applied online and got an email with a series of questions. About a week later I had a phone interview which led to an in person interview at their corporate offices.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      How do you prioritize work?   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR asking about basic qualifications. Then an in person interview with multiple Operations Managers. After in person interviews, they contacted within the following week about job offer status. Whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you used effective communication to dissolve a situation with a coworker or employee?   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in June 2014.

Interview

Meet with director then was offered job. They usually call for HR and do a phone interview. Then a One on one. It's not a difficult interview, if you have a college degree and seem to be a doer then your in the gold.
    They also want to see if you'll work the odd hours they make you work.

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2014.

Interview

Went to a recruitment fair and talked to a regional recruitment manager. Received a request for a phone interview a two weeks later. Two weeks after that, I conducted a panel interview with two managers at their Chicago office.

Questions were easy and more focused toward personality fit and understanding of the demands of the position. Lots of “how do you manage people?” questions. I received a call 3 days after the interview with a tentative offer and received a formal offer 3 days later.

Pay is low - $48,000 with a 10% bonus if the company hits its marks. The work environment is also transportation focused. Expect night shifts, work on some holidays and 10 to 12 hour days. However, there seems to be a lot of growth and the company culture is very centered on employees starting at the bottom and rapid internal promotion if you're willing to put in the time.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a driver who refuses to work, keeping in mind the trucking industry has a very high turnover rate with a lot of opportunities for drivers at other organizations?   Answer Question

Low pay with long hours with poor benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Went to the career fair at my college and submitted my resume. I was called for a telephone interview within 1 week. I have advanced on to the inperson interview and am waiting to hear back.

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2013.

Interview

Got the interview from school website. Went there and was asked a few questions. Something like how do you solve problems and conflicts. Felt like chatting. It was my first interview, so I'm not surprised that I didn't get it.