J.B. Hunt Fleet Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.B. Hunt Fleet Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.7

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone with an HR manager. The second interview was at a branch which wasn't really an interview i was just asked about my work experience. After having my second interview with the regional manager I never received a call or email back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• What are some major issues in the transportation business?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.B. Hunt

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. I first had a phone interview to introduce myself to the company and to learn more about what the position offered. After that I was offered the in person interview where I met with the hiring manager to discuss the job more in depth and to talk about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a career in operations management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Ames, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was pre selected to interview with the company, based on my resume. The interview was scheduled for about 2 weeks after the career fair. For the interview I met 3 district managers. They asked many questions about my experience and future career goals. The next step in the process is to complete a second in person interview before they will make a final decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the most difficult thing about going from a manager of a small number of female college students to a group of 50 or more drivers who have been driving between a few months and many years?   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Applied online and got an email with a series of questions. About a week later I had a phone interview which led to an in person interview at their corporate offices.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      How do you prioritize work?
      Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2013.

Interview

Got the interview from school website. Went there and was asked a few questions. Something like how do you solve problems and conflicts. Felt like chatting. It was my first interview, so I'm not surprised that I didn't get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Elizabeth, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position and within a few days I was contacted by a recruiter located at their headquarters in Arkansas. She asked very basic questions to gauge my interest, experience and whether or not I was articulate enough to make it to a second interview. You then are scheduled to meet with a regional manager at their office (aka double wide trailor). My experience with the manager was that he was disinterested and appeared unfit for a management position. He had clearly not read my resume, read it in front of me, and failed to ask any questions or even make eye contact. From their he tells you about benefits and salary and tells you that a corporate big wig from Arkansas will contact you with a follow up interview.

The interview with the manager in Arkansas is much more specific and intense. They ask you a number of questions regarding your experience, education and industry specific questions. My real problem with JB Hunt was the demeanor of the regional manager who would be my direct superior. Like I stated, he didn't make eye contact, seemed uneducated and failed very basic displays of professionalism (that even I, a recent college grad, knew about).

I also had a very serious problem with the events that transpired following the interview. Despite driving to the first interview in hurricane Sandy, sitting in a 3 hour gas line and taking an hour off of my lunch break for the phone interview, they refused to follow up with me despite indicating that they were seriously considering me for the position. At the time, I was being offered a job by my current employer so I needed JB Hunt's answer. I followed up several times and made it abundantly clear that I needed some form of answer just so that I could ensure I landed a job. JB Hunt never called and as my father said (who directly works with JB Hunt as an executive with a manufacturing firm), be thankful your not working for them because their behavior is an indication that they aren't very professional.

Interview Questions

• How wold you handle a truck driver who was failing to follow basic safety procedures?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in March 2010.

Interview

Advice: do not dress up for JB Hunt VERY casual and laid back atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• why are you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer