J.B. Hunt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and 24 days later I got my first phone call. For the first call, they asked a few questions such as "are you willing to do a drug screen?" "this is what the position entails, does that sound like something you'd like to do?" "Tell me a little about what you do now," etc. Then she scheduled a phone interview for me 2 days later, which involved similar questions. Then I was invited to an on-site interview 4 days after that. The process was overall very comfortable and inviting. I was in a big room with 2 interviewers who were both very kind and made it less intimidating. My interview was on a Thursday, and they called to offer the position the next Monday. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for JB Hunt?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through college job posting site and was subsequently contacted by recruiter to schedule a quick screening call. Was asked to confirm that I was aware of the location of the job, base salary, benefits, etc.

At the end of the screening call, I was asked to schedule a panel interview over Skype. This interview lasted around 45 minutes and was with 3 employees. The one coding question asked afterwards was verbal and more of a sanity check than anything.

Received offer over the phone two days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself..   Answer Question
    • Time is money. If a deadline was tomorrow, and you were 99% sure that your program would work, but thought it had a 1% chance of not working and you didn't know why, would you push the deadline back?   Answer Question

J.B. Hunt Response

Feb 12, 2018 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks for posting about your interviewing experience. Even though this wasn't the job for you, we're glad we had the opportunity to be considered!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I had an amazing experience interviewing for J.B. Hunt. The questions were resume-related, and some of them were general questions. You should know yourself and you should know your experience really well. Do your research about the company. There was one technical question.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would improve <PROJECT NAME ON RESUME>, if anything, looking back at it?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Interview

Laid back panel interview where we discussed my background and the responsibilities of the job. I ended up meeting for a second interview the same day with directing manager and discussed additional responsibilities of the job.

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online a few days later I received a phone call interview and was declined. Not a negative experience as he was very polite and professional and told me to apply with a competitor for at least 90 days then reapply and he would give me a serious offer.

Interview Questions

• How much actual drive experience do you have?   1 Answer

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (East Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Talk to a recruiter, go in for a 3 day orientation, then start working... you go with a driver trainer... 1st day he will drive to let you know the expectations, then you will drive, he will release you when you are ready ... 3+ days with trainer...most of them are cool

Interview Questions

Interview

there were none. you submit your info, they run your background, then they you a job. You dont get to sit and talk to anyone. They dont want you to figure out they are liars before you hire on.

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in July 2017.

Interview

I received a call on a Monday afternoon had a short phone interview then came in that Friday for a in person interview. From there I waited 2 almost 3 weeks to hear back. Once I got my job offer. I had a hair focal test and a back ground check ran

Interview Questions

J.B. Hunt Response

Jan 8, 2018 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Welcome to JB Hunt!

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

2 phone interviews. 1 formal/"in person" interview. Formal interview usually consists of 2 managers but one was away from work that day. Recruiter before the formal interview was very helpful, descriptive, and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was to describe a failure from my past. Very comfortable and successful interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with 2 other peers. Asked us a series of questions and had us do a group exercise. Talked about the process and some of the job functionalities. Followed up within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Buena Park, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about a month and we did 2 phone interviews and one in person. They typically are around 30 to 45 minutes each and are generally pretty average.