J.B. Hunt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and 24 days later I got my first phone call. For the first call, they asked a few questions such as "are you willing to do a drug screen?" "this is what the position entails, does that sound like something you'd like to do?" "Tell me a little about what you do now," etc. Then she scheduled a phone interview for me 2 days later, which involved similar questions. Then I was invited to an on-site interview 4 days after that. The process was overall very comfortable and inviting. I was in a big room with 2 interviewers who were both very kind and made it less intimidating. My interview was on a Thursday, and they called to offer the position the next Monday. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for JB Hunt?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Very standard interview process for entry level position. Nothing out of the ordinary. There was a phone interview with HR from corporate and then an on-site interview with the Regional Operations Manager.

Delivery Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (San Diego, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview. All my questions were answered and I was pleased with the interview process. It took about 40 minutes in total. At the end of the interview, I was offered an job offer.

Interview Questions

• For the position I was applying for, they asked if I had a clean driving record.   1 Answer

Inter-modal Manager Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in March 2018.

Interview

There are a total of three interviews. First is over the phone and only 20 minutes followed by a three person interview with managers and followed by an interview with three Directors of Intermodal. Then the process takes about two weeks to get feedback on. While I did not get an interview, I did find the process not too taxing and the managers and directors are quite nice.

Interview Questions

• What is one constructive criticism that people would give you?   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was conducted via Skype. I joined the Skype meeting a few minutes early. The two interviewers joined a few minutes late.

When the interview began I could see two men sitting behind a table with some notes in front of them and one laptop on the table. I was not actually viewing them from a camera on the laptop but from a camera on the far side of the room. This made the two interviewers appear far away which was a little off-putting.

When the interview began, there were three things that transpired which raised my suspicions about how the rest of the interview was going to proceed. First was the interviews late arrival. They arrived about 7 or 8 minutes late. Not terribly late but enough to make you worry and fidget in your seat. Second was they way they set up their camera. Once I could see them on my computer screen, I was almost certain I had joined the wrong Skype meeting. Their camera was just too far away. I found myself leaning forward in my chair to get a better look at them. And last but not least was the way they had dressed for the interview. It was just too casual for me. For an interview, the least you can do in this situation is wear a buttoned down shirt.

Ok, so that was three minor red flags. No big deal right? Well, things got worse pretty quick. The began asking me questions and i was happy to answer all of them. The big problem was while I giving my answers I noticed one interviewer kept rubbing his face with his hands to try to stay awake. And when he wasn't rubbing his face, he would have his arms crossed in a very defensive manner. As you can imagine, this made the interview feel a little uncomfortable. And to make matters even worse, neither of the interviewers would look at the camera. As an interviewee, I was gradually getting the feeling like I was wasting my time.

The last straw was towards the end of the interview. I was about midway into answering one of their questions when I noticed one of the interviewers showing the other interviewer something on his computer screen. This lasted for several seconds and I came to the realization that even though I was talking, they just had very little interest in listening.

By far the worst interview I have ever been on.

Interview Questions

J.B. Hunt Response

Apr 2, 2018 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your post and the feedback on the Skype interview. We're looking at the configuration of that room to correct these issues, along with reviewing our interviewer training.

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Elizabeth, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and they called me for a phone interview. They asked typical managerial interview questions. Then scheduled an in-person interview with a few of the managers. The interview was very laid back. It did not feel like an interview more like having a conversation, assessing if you are a good fit for the job of managing 25+ people.

Interview Questions

J.B. Hunt Response

Apr 30, 2018 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your post, and even though this position didn't work out for you, we appreciate your interest.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I had an amazing experience interviewing for J.B. Hunt. The questions were resume-related, and some of them were general questions. You should know yourself and you should know your experience really well. Do your research about the company. There was one technical question.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would improve <PROJECT NAME ON RESUME>, if anything, looking back at it?   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in February 2018.

Interview

Did my 20 min. phone interview on Monday after that she said I have a in person interview on Wednesday the same week. Did my personal interview with 2 employers. Waited 4 weeks for an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about JB Hunt?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through college job posting site and was subsequently contacted by recruiter to schedule a quick screening call. Was asked to confirm that I was aware of the location of the job, base salary, benefits, etc.

At the end of the screening call, I was asked to schedule a panel interview over Skype. This interview lasted around 45 minutes and was with 3 employees. The one coding question asked afterwards was verbal and more of a sanity check than anything.

Received offer over the phone two days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself..   Answer Question
    • Time is money. If a deadline was tomorrow, and you were 99% sure that your program would work, but thought it had a 1% chance of not working and you didn't know why, would you push the deadline back?   Answer Question

Feb 12, 2018 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks for posting about your interviewing experience. Even though this wasn't the job for you, we're glad we had the opportunity to be considered!

Operations Interview

Interview

Screening interview with general questions then second round, which was longer, with manager. Whole process took about three weeks. Several industry associated questions about working with and understanding drivers

Interview Questions

J.B. Hunt Response

Jan 2, 2018 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Welcome to JB Hunt!

Managemet Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (College Station, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The first interview was for the "getting to know you process". Pretty laid back. Telling you what your options are and what area you see yourself in. Basic interview questions. The second interview came from a recruiter from an area that I was interested in and she seemed very uninterested in everything I had to say. The interview was supposed to take 30-45 min and it took less than 15. Didn't ask if I had questions or anything which I was told by the first interviewer to prepare for.