J.B. Hunt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and 24 days later I got my first phone call. For the first call, they asked a few questions such as "are you willing to do a drug screen?" "this is what the position entails, does that sound like something you'd like to do?" "Tell me a little about what you do now," etc. Then she scheduled a phone interview for me 2 days later, which involved similar questions. Then I was invited to an on-site interview 4 days after that. The process was overall very comfortable and inviting. I was in a big room with 2 interviewers who were both very kind and made it less intimidating. My interview was on a Thursday, and they called to offer the position the next Monday. It was a great experience.

Truck Driver Interview

Interview

It was good back when I started. Trainers were good and management was good. But started to go downhill once people started getting tired of the crap and leaving. Every place has ups and downs but when you have to deal with high school crap just to have a job it is not worth it if u can move on to better with a lot less stress and drama.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Had a phone interview with an HR person from Arkansas. I did not feel very confident on how my interview went, so I figured I did not get the internship. 3 months later, I received an email that said they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you have experienced?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Tracy, CA).

Interview

Applied after a going to their college presentation. The process took a week. Had a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes, then had an in person one set up at the end of my phone interview. The in-person interview was with the Regional Operations Manager. It was a very laid back, casual interview. After that, I had an on-site interview set up. They were very quick with the scheduling of every interview. The on-site interview was one where I was supposed to ask as many questions as I could. Was shown around the property. Took about two hours. After the on-site visit I had to write about the experience explaining what I learned and liked about the on-site visit (about two pages). Overall, the interview process wasn't stressful, just time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you failed at something and how you handled it?   1 Answer

May 22, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Welcome aboard, and thank you for joining the J.B. Hunt team!

Inter-modal Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithia Springs, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lithia Springs, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that was used to screen candidates. From there, I was scheduled to meet with a group at the terminal for an in-person interview. Both interviews asked similar questions. Told I would hear back by the end of the following week. Over a month past that date, 2 emails to the corporate recruiter and an email to the main person that interviewed me, absolutely no response.

Interview Questions

• Would you have any problem working with employees much older than you and being in charge of them?   Answer Question

Operations Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in April 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview that was 30 minutes then I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I met with the operations leadership team and then had a second interview with another employee involved with the assistants. Long process of interviewing, but was interesting and went by quickly. Really enjoyed the time I spent with the people I met and engaging in the culture briefly by observing.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing people would say they like about you and what is one thing people would say they don't like about you   Answer Question

Apr 25, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

We're glad to hear that you had a great interview experience!

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone with an HR manager. The second interview was at a branch which wasn't really an interview i was just asked about my work experience. After having my second interview with the regional manager I never received a call or email back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• What are some major issues in the transportation business?   1 Answer

ICS Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Good until final interview when the manager was acting like he didn't even care to meet and get to know me. He seems too busy for Me and acted like the interview was over before it began

Inter-modal Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at my school, then had an interview at a site. Was suppose to be reimbursed for gas, but never heard back from a follow-up email. Do not interview with this company. So unprofessional.

Interview Questions

J.B. Hunt Response

Apr 25, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

We're very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our interview process! Our practice is to always reimburse for mileage and travel expenses to and from an interview. We've checked our ... More

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Middletown, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

It was over the phone interview. They asked you questions and called you back later that day. It was an easy process. It took a day to find if your hired.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in JB Hunt?   1 Answer

May 22, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Welcome to the J.B. Hunt team!

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Very laid back, but still professional. Asked a lot of basic questions about past work experience and leadership styles. Was asked to come in for a in person interview at the end of the phone call. Make sure you ask questions at the end. Seemed like they were waiting for at least three and make sure you send a follow up email!