J.B. Hunt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

253 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and 24 days later I got my first phone call. For the first call, they asked a few questions such as "are you willing to do a drug screen?" "this is what the position entails, does that sound like something you'd like to do?" "Tell me a little about what you do now," etc. Then she scheduled a phone interview for me 2 days later, which involved similar questions. Then I was invited to an on-site interview 4 days after that. The process was overall very comfortable and inviting. I was in a big room with 2 interviewers who were both very kind and made it less intimidating. My interview was on a Thursday, and they called to offer the position the next Monday. It was a great experience.

Managemet Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (College Station, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The first interview was for the "getting to know you process". Pretty laid back. Telling you what your options are and what area you see yourself in. Basic interview questions. The second interview came from a recruiter from an area that I was interested in and she seemed very uninterested in everything I had to say. The interview was supposed to take 30-45 min and it took less than 15. Didn't ask if I had questions or anything which I was told by the first interviewer to prepare for.

Inter-modal Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Green Bay, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

It was very professional. I met the interviewer at a college career fair. I then had a get to know you interview over the phone. After that I met with the interviewer in a conference room and did a formal interview. J.B Hunt did a great job at following up and keeping you informed.

Interview Questions

J.B. Hunt Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your post, and for accepting our offer. We look forward to having you on the J.B. Hunt team!

Dock Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Interview Questions

• good very information and good to learn from and to take from. lots of conversation that was good to inform every role that is necessary. good very information and good to learn from and to take from. lots of conversation that was good to inform every role that is necessary   1 Answer

Logistics Sales Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

An email asking for a short 5 to 10-minute screening phone interview which is then followed by a 30-minute interview that is more in-depth. Very relaxed and casual interviews with friendly HR reps.

Interview Questions

Interview

there were none. you submit your info, they run your background, then they you a job. You dont get to sit and talk to anyone. They dont want you to figure out they are liars before you hire on.

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Springdale, AR) in October 2017.

Interview

vetting process over the phone, girl was great but did not have some answers , set up interview time but got the time wrong in the confirmation e-mail, however she did respond quickly and fixed it

Interview Questions

• Very personable broad questions asking about previous experience   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lubbock, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

After a College Career Fair, Panel of 3 Interviewers. I met with a college recruiter at the College Career Fair and was asked to schedule and interview time for the next day. I then met with just one interviewer who asked if I would mind meeting the other two interviewers as well. From there, I interviewed with all 3 who basically took turns asking me questions. They asked me to tell them about myself first and I spent about 6 or so minutes just giving my little "elevator speech" ... from then they basically asked me a couple follow up questions and then a few interview typical questions listed below.

Interview Questions

• First.. Tell us about yourself. What is your biggest weakness? Describe one instance where you had to deal with an escalating situation and how did you deal with it and why and how did it all turn out?   Answer Question

Oct 30, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your response, and welcome to J.B. Hunt!

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to the company at the career fair for my school. Was asked to do an inital phone screening not long later. Was just asked basic questions to make sure I was even a candidate for a position. At the end of the screening, we set up a phone interview. On the phone interview, they asked behavioral questions and talked about the various positions. We then set up a face to face interview. At the face to face interview, they again asked mainly behavioral questions with a couple what if technical questions thrown in.

Interview Questions

• If offered the position, what could happen to make you reject the offer?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

It took about three weeks from the moment I applied to when I accepted the job. There were roughly three interviews total; two phone and one in person where I met with the managers. The interview went smoothly. I didn't expect thirty minutes to fly by so fast. The managers were very friendly and tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible; which is difficult during a job interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What if you had to bend the rules in order to accomplish a task?   Answer Question

Sep 11, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Welcome to J.B Hunt!

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in September 2017.

Interview

I recently finished my first round of interviews with JB Hunt and am waiting to see if I made it to the second round of interviews. So far my interview process with the company has been a good experience. They were very easy to talk to and didn't ask really hard questions.

Interview Questions

J.B. Hunt Response

Oct 3, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks for posting about your experience. Good luck with the interviews and thanks again for considering us!