J.B. Hunt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and 24 days later I got my first phone call. For the first call, they asked a few questions such as "are you willing to do a drug screen?" "this is what the position entails, does that sound like something you'd like to do?" "Tell me a little about what you do now," etc. Then she scheduled a phone interview for me 2 days later, which involved similar questions. Then I was invited to an on-site interview 4 days after that. The process was overall very comfortable and inviting. I was in a big room with 2 interviewers who were both very kind and made it less intimidating. My interview was on a Thursday, and they called to offer the position the next Monday. It was a great experience.

Operations Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in April 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview that was 30 minutes then I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I met with the operations leadership team and then had a second interview with another employee involved with the assistants. Long process of interviewing, but was interesting and went by quickly. Really enjoyed the time I spent with the people I met and engaging in the culture briefly by observing.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing people would say they like about you and what is one thing people would say they don't like about you   Answer Question

J.B. Hunt Response

Apr 25, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

We're glad to hear that you had a great interview experience!

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I had my first interview on the phone with an HR manager. The second interview was at a branch which wasn't really an interview i was just asked about my work experience. After having my second interview with the regional manager I never received a call or email back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• What are some major issues in the transportation business?   1 Answer

ICS Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Good until final interview when the manager was acting like he didn't even care to meet and get to know me. He seems too busy for Me and acted like the interview was over before it began

Inter-modal Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at my school, then had an interview at a site. Was suppose to be reimbursed for gas, but never heard back from a follow-up email. Do not interview with this company. So unprofessional.

Interview Questions

J.B. Hunt Response

Apr 25, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

We're very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our interview process! Our practice is to always reimburse for mileage and travel expenses to and from an interview. We've checked our ... More

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Very laid back, but still professional. Asked a lot of basic questions about past work experience and leadership styles. Was asked to come in for a in person interview at the end of the phone call. Make sure you ask questions at the end. Seemed like they were waiting for at least three and make sure you send a follow up email!

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I had a phone screening with an HR rep. who then set up an on-site interview. When I got there, the HR rep took me to the print shop where I talked with one of the supervisors. She basically told me everything about the job (i.e. how much it pays, benefits) which is super weird. I've always been told not to ask about money until you've been offered the job. So I assumed I had the job. It was just a really weird interview experience.

Interview Questions

• The only questions I got were during the phone screening. How do you handle angry customers? What do you know about J.B. Hunt?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

They were conducting open interviews at my campus through our career services department in the college of business. I signed up for an interview time slot and received an interview upon signing up.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle telling someone with experience what to do?   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. I first had a phone interview to introduce myself to the company and to learn more about what the position offered. After that I was offered the in person interview where I met with the hiring manager to discuss the job more in depth and to talk about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a career in operations management?   Answer Question

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional. The setting was easy-going and non-stressful. I felt nervous at first but that was quickly quelled by the two J.B. Hunt employees. They asked my standard questions about my employment history, school, and anything related to the job. They made sure to tell me the company history and what they expect of managers in training. Nothing about salary or benefits was mentioned during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things we didn't learn about you before our interview that you'd like us to know now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me 6 days after the interview to tell me they were extending an offer of employment. I have yet to negotiate salary or benefits as I have yet to accept. I plan to accept next week and can update after.