J.B. Hunt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.B. Hunt Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.6

ICS Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Good until final interview when the manager was acting like he didn't even care to meet and get to know me. He seems too busy for Me and acted like the interview was over before it began

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Very laid back, but still professional. Asked a lot of basic questions about past work experience and leadership styles. Was asked to come in for a in person interview at the end of the phone call. Make sure you ask questions at the end. Seemed like they were waiting for at least three and make sure you send a follow up email!

Inter-modal Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at my school, then had an interview at a site. Was suppose to be reimbursed for gas, but never heard back from a follow-up email. Do not interview with this company. So unprofessional.

Interview Questions

J.B. Hunt Response

Apr 25, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

We're very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our interview process! Our practice is to always reimburse for mileage and travel expenses to and from an interview. We've checked our... More

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Middletown, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

It was over the phone interview. They asked you questions and called you back later that day. It was an easy process. It took a day to find if your hired.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in JB Hunt?   1 Answer

J.B. Hunt Response

May 22, 2017 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Welcome to the J.B. Hunt team!

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and 24 days later I got my first phone call. For the first call, they asked a few questions such as "are you willing to do a drug screen?" "this is what the position entails, does that sound like something you'd like to do?" "Tell me a little about what you do now," etc. Then she scheduled a phone interview for me 2 days later, which involved similar questions. Then I was invited to an on-site interview 4 days after that. The process was overall very comfortable and inviting. I was in a big room with 2 interviewers who were both very kind and made it less intimidating. My interview was on a Thursday, and they called to offer the position the next Monday. It was a great experience.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I had a phone screening with an HR rep. who then set up an on-site interview. When I got there, the HR rep took me to the print shop where I talked with one of the supervisors. She basically told me everything about the job (i.e. how much it pays, benefits) which is super weird. I've always been told not to ask about money until you've been offered the job. So I assumed I had the job. It was just a really weird interview experience.

Interview Questions

• The only questions I got were during the phone screening. How do you handle angry customers? What do you know about J.B. Hunt?   Answer Question

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional. The setting was easy-going and non-stressful. I felt nervous at first but that was quickly quelled by the two J.B. Hunt employees. They asked my standard questions about my employment history, school, and anything related to the job. They made sure to tell me the company history and what they expect of managers in training. Nothing about salary or benefits was mentioned during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things we didn't learn about you before our interview that you'd like us to know now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me 6 days after the interview to tell me they were extending an offer of employment. I have yet to negotiate salary or benefits as I have yet to accept. I plan to accept next week and can update after.

Inter-modal Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

The job posting was hard to find because it was labeled as "Spring Intern" but it is actually a full time salary position. I was assigned a recruiter and had a phone interview with her then another phone interview with 2 mentors of the program. Soon after I had a Skype interview with 3 directors of Intermodal. About a month later they invited me to tour the corporate campus and meet with several executives. That visit was on a Friday and I got a call on the next Monday with a job offer.

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

They were conducting open interviews at my campus through our career services department in the college of business. I signed up for an interview time slot and received an interview upon signing up.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle telling someone with experience what to do?   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. I first had a phone interview to introduce myself to the company and to learn more about what the position offered. After that I was offered the in person interview where I met with the hiring manager to discuss the job more in depth and to talk about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a career in operations management?   Answer Question