J.B. Hunt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.7

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I had a phone screening with an HR rep. who then set up an on-site interview. When I got there, the HR rep took me to the print shop where I talked with one of the supervisors. She basically told me everything about the job (i.e. how much it pays, benefits) which is super weird. I've always been told not to ask about money until you've been offered the job. So I assumed I had the job. It was just a really weird interview experience.

Interview Questions

• The only questions I got were during the phone screening. How do you handle angry customers? What do you know about J.B. Hunt?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. I first had a phone interview to introduce myself to the company and to learn more about what the position offered. After that I was offered the in person interview where I met with the hiring manager to discuss the job more in depth and to talk about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking for a career in operations management?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

A lady called me and asked me briefly what I know about J.B. Hunt, and whether I would like to do a phone interview for the position. The following week I had a 30 minute phone interview. The week after that I was called and asked if I would like to come in for an in-person interview. Later that week, I had a 30 - 45 minute interview with the position's manager.

Interview Questions

• How confident in your Excel skills are you, from 1 - 10?   Answer Question

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter after they came to our campus for a career fair. We set up an in office interview for the next week. In the interview, there was a panel of managers interviewing you for their office.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

The interview was done on the college campus and it was pretty relaxed feeling. This was only the first round so I can't say much about the rest of the process yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Ames, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was pre selected to interview with the company, based on my resume. The interview was scheduled for about 2 weeks after the career fair. For the interview I met 3 district managers. They asked many questions about my experience and future career goals. The next step in the process is to complete a second in person interview before they will make a final decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the most difficult thing about going from a manager of a small number of female college students to a group of 50 or more drivers who have been driving between a few months and many years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Manhattan, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with a recruiter. I didn't hear from him for a couple of weeks. Then randomly I had a phone interview a few weeks later with an engineer who had worked for the company for over 10 years.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Was Contacted by HR over the phone randomly. They asked the basic questions and then at the end of the call said they would call the next monday at 3 to set up a follow on.

Regional Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Same rhetoric, and script. They smile and tell you everything is perfect for a EXPERIENCED driver as well as a Rookie, but it's all false just like many other MAJOR Companies. The saddest part is: During ORIENTATION. They show videos of Drivers DENIED Home time for VERY PERSON REASONS like DEATH or Graduations and EXPECT you to except it as NORMAL. LOL! Like IT'S OK TO MISS YOUR DAUGHTER WEDDING. HAHA

Interview Questions

• Can you lift Heavy Objects?   1 Answer

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Applied online and got an email with a series of questions. About a week later I had a phone interview which led to an in person interview at their corporate offices.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      How do you prioritize work?   Answer Question