J.B. Hunt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.B. Hunt Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.6

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Applied online and got an email with a series of questions. About a week later I had a phone interview which led to an in person interview at their corporate offices.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      How do you prioritize work?
      Answer Question

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online a few days later I received a phone call interview and was declined. Not a negative experience as he was very polite and professional and told me to apply with a competitor for at least 90 days then reapply and he would give me a serious offer.

Interview Questions

• How much actual drive experience do you have?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Hayward, CA).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I got a call from Zulma in Arkansas who works for the recruiting department at the company. She was very nice and told me a lot about the position and the company. Next was a 30ish minute phone interview. She then referred me to the site where I'd potentially be working and I interviewed with someone there. The interview was overall easy and it seemed more like a conversation than an interview. He said someone will get back to me in a week with the decision. However, more than two weeks went by and I contacted the Recruiting department inquiring about whether a decision has been made. Cassie got back to me and said a decision has not been made yet and they'll let me know once they decide. It's been a month and a half and still nothing. Following these experiences, I no longer seek to pursue a career with JB Hunt as I strongly believe them to be extremely unprofessional.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Chester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

had 2 phone interviews and a third which was face to face. Had to wait past the appointed time for the interviewers were eating lunch, plus had to wait in an area where the A/C wasn't working that well

Interview Questions

• very vague and not related to job, I felt that I was just there to cover the bases. For my experience and age had something to do with the position, for I knew more than the interviewer.   1 Answer

Background Verification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR).

Interview

I had a short phone interview followed by an in-person interview. There were two interviewers and they were very nice. It was 2 women in a room with me and they had a lot of information. I got an email two weeks later saying that I did not get the position. I know there were quite a few people applying so I almost expected it.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

I received an email to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. That interview lasted about 30 minutes and then she booked me for my face to face interview right then. Had a face to face with two people and that lasted about an hour. I was told after the interview that I would hear from the recruiter about the next steps. A month and a half has gone by and I have not heard anything. I left the recruiter a voicemail and even sent two emails to her and she has still not responded. I'm sure I didn't get the job, but from all my past experiences, the professional thing to do is at least send out a email stating they went with another candidate. I am very disappointed with the lack of professionalism the recruiter has.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Joliet, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Online app, phone interview, Face to face interview, after that they told me they would call me the following week. because they were just starting the process, and they are hiring because they are growing.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about driving   1 Answer
    • What was the most important thing about dealing with customers   1 Answer

Claims Examiner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted within a week to interview. When I arrived, I was taken to an interview room where a panel of three employees interviewed me.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in January 2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview and then an in person interview. It was an easy typical interview. Didn't ask anything out of the ordinary. Was told to expect to hear back from them writhin a week or two from the interview.

Carrier Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

1) Applied through JB hunt for two opportunities and only one was replied back to (carrier sales coordinator position)
    2) Initial contact from a HR recruiter. Very simple questions, not very many in depth questions.
    3) Second phone interview. More in depth questions and more about my previous experience.
    4) In person interview. Sat in on a few phone calls and shadowed a current employee in the same job capacity. After that I was pulled in to talk to both of the area managers. Didn't really seem to want to really talk. It seemed to me that they were just interviewing to hit a quota or because they were required to. During the interview one of the managers was texting on his phone while I was asking questions. Overall I left the in person interview not feeling like I would want to work for this area, due to the lack of respect I was given by a few people.
    5) Followed up and sent the HR recruiter an email thanking her and asking what the next step in the interview process was. She assured me it would be by the end of the next week.
    6) No follow up call/email to inform me even if I was not a candidate.

Interview Questions

• -Name a strength/weakness
      -Name a time you helped out a subordinate
      Answer Question