J.B. Hunt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.6

Information Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR).

Interview

Multiple interviews with an intern council group as well as the group I was interviewing to join (Client Services/PC Support). Interviews were not difficult, but there were technical questions asked about PC hardware. There was a focus on knowledge of PC components by sight. Questions also pertained to customer service and teamwork.

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the company website and got a call about three weeks later. The person I spoke with was nice and tried to answer all my questions. I was then scheduled for a ten minute phone interview. The interview was easy and afterwards she scheduled me for the second phone interview that she said would be a bit longer.

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Applied online and got an email with a series of questions. About a week later I had a phone interview which led to an in person interview at their corporate offices.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      How do you prioritize work?
      Answer Question

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Hayward, CA).

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I got a call from Zulma in Arkansas who works for the recruiting department at the company. She was very nice and told me a lot about the position and the company. Next was a 30ish minute phone interview. She then referred me to the site where I'd potentially be working and I interviewed with someone there. The interview was overall easy and it seemed more like a conversation than an interview. He said someone will get back to me in a week with the decision. However, more than two weeks went by and I contacted the Recruiting department inquiring about whether a decision has been made. Cassie got back to me and said a decision has not been made yet and they'll let me know once they decide. It's been a month and a half and still nothing. Following these experiences, I no longer seek to pursue a career with JB Hunt as I strongly believe them to be extremely unprofessional.

Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmer, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Wilmer, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I received a call from Robert from HQ in Arkansas asking if I was interested in this position as a installation specialist. I took the offer and he transferred me to Serena which she took care of the background information and set up an interview with JB Hunt in Wilmer TX. The interview went smooth I liked what the company has to offer and hope to be a valued asset. They are also veteran friendly which I liked and offer promotion within the company.

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online a few days later I received a phone call interview and was declined. Not a negative experience as he was very polite and professional and told me to apply with a competitor for at least 90 days then reapply and he would give me a serious offer.

Interview Questions

• How much actual drive experience do you have?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

The interview consisted of 1 brief phone call and two lengthy in-person interviews which lasted 1-2 hours. During one of the in-person interviews, the office staff had a chance to do their own in-person interview of you as you shadowed them. This was probably the most important interview. The staff had a lot of decision making power on who got hired.

Interview Questions

• Explain supply and demand.
      What are your strength and weakness?
      Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Chester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

had 2 phone interviews and a third which was face to face. Had to wait past the appointed time for the interviewers were eating lunch, plus had to wait in an area where the A/C wasn't working that well

Interview Questions

• very vague and not related to job, I felt that I was just there to cover the bases. For my experience and age had something to do with the position, for I knew more than the interviewer.   1 Answer

Background Verification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR).

Interview

I had a short phone interview followed by an in-person interview. There were two interviewers and they were very nice. It was 2 women in a room with me and they had a lot of information. I got an email two weeks later saying that I did not get the position. I know there were quite a few people applying so I almost expected it.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Corpus Christi, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

They asked me typical questions about my past employment, my driving experience, and then asked me what I knew about the job I was applying for. I explained my past employment and told them about my driving experience. I was then told details about the job and then how the training would be conducted.

Interview Questions

• They asked me specific questions about my truck driving experience- how long, what type of truck/trailers, etc.   1 Answer