J.B. Hunt Operations Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J.B. Hunt Operations Supervisor Interview Questions

2.6

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interview

The interview started with a phone and then went in person. Looking back it was a situation to where they just wanted to fill seats. However, it was not for the right reasons.

Interview Questions

• One question that was asked was if you were willing to work flexible hours   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.B. Hunt

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Submitted an application and heard back about 3 weeks later. Had a phone interview where the lady was very nice and gave very detailed information about the position and what the duties and expectations were.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employ who absolutely refused to perform his job?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

First apply online, Next there is a screening call to give you more information about the position. If you get past that you have another phone interview. Then a one on one in person interview at one of the facilities. After that you might have another in person or phone interview. It is a lengthy process.

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Benton Harbor, MI).

Interview

Normal resume process and normal interview process with AM and regional OM. Standard questions about job and career outlook. Also, why do I think I am qualified to perform in this position.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2014.

Interview

As stated in previous reviews, it's pretty much the same. HR from Lowell, AR contacts you and sets up a telephone interview, they're essentially the gatekeeper in the process. If they like what you have to say they pass you on to a hiring manager in the next 7-10 days for a physical interview. Interview with a hiring/regional manager and then it's up to you...Total time spent was about 3 weeks until I accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, my interviewer was a seasoned regional manager and interviewer so it was fun, interesting and a rewarding experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple and direct; salary = "X" take it or not...

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in January 2014.

Interview

Standard three interview process. Phone, Corporate big wig, then farther down the rabbit hole with some local managers. Was somewhat high pressure with the corporate and local guys, phone interview was a joke.

Interview Questions

• How do you get someone to do something they do not want to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not negotiate.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interview

3 interviews with last interview with a panel of managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Columbus, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Typical process of most interviews. I applied online, had a call from someone in HR the following week or so, following that, I went to an in person interview. The interview was honestly one of the best or most comfortable I have had so far. The two men who interviewed me were honest with the expectations and hard work it would require to work there.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral based, a lot of just talking about your experience in logistics or operations management.   Answer Question

For being forced to move, the salary they offered was just not competitive enough.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interview

Applied for the job online. Received a phone call asking me to set up a phone interview. Did about a 30 minute phone interview that went well. Received a phone call a week later to conduct an in person interview. Once that interview was complete, I was called a few days later for another interview

Interview Questions

• What do you think defines a manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in June 2013.

Interview

Filled out the application, got a phone call, did the phone interview and then met with the regional Operations Manager. After that interview went to the account where the manager stared at his computer the whole time while not really saying too much. Sat with another Operations Supervisor and had him show me what systems they used and then left.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to re-locate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate a little higher and was told no. I later found out they had more than one qualified candidate for the position so to take the job I had no room to negotiate.